“Good accommodation for great price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kata Beach Studio

Save Saved
You added Kata Beach Studio to your Saves list
Kata Beach Studio
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   90/5 Khoktanod Road, Kata Beach, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Bangalore
“Good accommodation for great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

6 of us stayed in this place for almost a week and it was very comfortable. What took us there was the price offered and we got more than what we paid for. The travel desk at the hotel was helpful and we could get good deals from there, including motorbikes for rent. There were lot of restaurants nearby for food, and a familymart right next to it. The roof top pool and along with the bar was quite a bonus for amount that we paid. The place looks just like what we see in other reviews, so i'm not posting more photos :-) There was a taxi guy nearby as well for reasonably priced airport transfer.

We didnt use the hotel restaurant as it never had anyone or anything about it to sit there, and once we sat there, they chef had gone out so we moved on. The free internet was slow, but ok. The tv didnt have many useful channels, but who watches tv on a vacation ;)

Room Tip: No view from balconies in rooms 23, 24 and 25
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Kata beach studio fell short of my expectations when I moved in, and slowly grew on my over my 5 day stay there. The service was OK except for one rude receptionist.

Pros:
-Very good price for what you get

-Nice lobby

-Good location in Kata - about 15 mins walk from the beach and 10 mins to the main road. We got a moped though for 200b/day which was great.

-Rooftop pool was great. Especially in the evenings. We really enjoyed this.

-Rooms have a balcony - the 5th floor has some decent views of Kata hill with the Budda statue and a peekaboo of the ocean.

-There is the MOST basic of kitchens.

-Good sized room

-Free wifi

Cons:
-Cleanliness was not quite up to par.

-Bed was super uncomfortable - I could feel the springs poking into my back.

-The staff are passively cordial. One was rude but the rest checked the boxes. Nothing good, service wise.

-Our safe wasn't working it took them a couple days to finally fix.

-We did not have working satellite TV, just fuzziness. They did not offer anything for this.

-There was no microwave in the "kitchen". Just a little fridge in the room and a sink and stovetop outside on the balcony.

-Slow wifi

Overall the bed was the worst thing about this place and the pool the best. I would maybe stay here again only because it was cheap (600b/night for the Agoda rate)

Room Tip: Stay on 5th floor. Close to pool and decent views
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Phuket
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

This is a really nice hotel! The location is great, short walk to the beach, lots of restaurants nearby! The staff is very nice and helpful and speaks great english at the reception. The room is big, has a little outside kitchen area, fridge, microwave, free wifi, good Tv! Very clean and you get fresh towels and sheets every day. The rooftop pool is nice and relaxing and the bar is good to have up there as well. Nice people! We are staying here for a whole month and I would recommend it to everyone!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

I booked three nights here because I wanted a place that had some cooking facilities.

Pros - clean rooms, quiet (ask for a room off the street), simple but nice rooftop bar. Helpful staff, and the front desk person spoke excellent English.

Cons - Even though they have cooking facilities, they have the small bar sized refrigerator, which is kind of useless. I like to have ice for iced tea etc. so I had to go to the family mart and buy ice, which is not a big deal but of course it immediately melted in the refrigerator (no freezer) and made a mess. There is also no microwave - only a cooktop.

I liked the location, about a 15 minute walk to the beach, and there are plenty of nice restaurants right near the hotel. The taxi mafia killed me for 800 baht to get back to the airport, but I tried several places and could not get it any cheaper. The rooftop bar had a very friendly and helpful bartender (Tik?), but was deserted when I was there in late afternoon.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Kata Beach Studio is great, simply said. It is for good price, good service. Rooms are clean, modern, big enough. Balcony view to another building is not that great, but we did not spent much time on the balcony. Pool on the roof is really good to relax for a while. Food is not the best, but there are too many other restaurants around.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking for a nice, clean and cheap accomodation and don't need sea view and beach within 100m. We always rent a scooter and drive with it down town.
Really great restaurant down town in Kata - The Horn Steakhouse

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

I stayed at Kata Beach Studio in early December. I was very impressed with the open concept lobby and appreciated the friendly staff presenting me with a cold glass of orange juice as I approached the receptionist.

The receptionist spoke english fluently and was able to assist me with making phone calls regarding my lost luggage. I had no problems with my online reservation and was checked into my room immediately.

I found my room to be very clean and comfortable and I really enjoyed my balcony view of the Kata Hills. Of course staying in Phuket, I found myself quickly heading upstairs to the rooftop bar for a couple pints and to check out the pool.

Tik, the rooftop bartender, was very friendly and spoke english perfectly. I enjoyed our conversations over my week stay and she really seemed to enjoy talking to the patrons. During my holiday, I found myself heading upstairs just to say hi before going out on the town. The rooftop pool/bar is amazing, if you don't stay at Kata Beach Studio I recommend just dropping in and checking it out.

I had a very nice stay at Kata Beach Studio and I will stay there again if I ever make it back to Phuket.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Arona, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

Very beautiful place.. we stayied 1 night only on our way to Phi Phi and Krabi (Phuket is not really for me) and I am happy I've chosen this place.
Great location, Kata..away from GoGo bars and drunken Holiday makers.. Very very clean, the room is amazing! With kitchen in the balcony and a room swimming pool. Definetely reccmmend this place to everybody

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Kata Beach Studio? Share your experiences!