Well where do i start! the Avista is a beautiful hotel, it has so many wow factors mainly in the room itself. There was no expense spared when they designed this hotel, everything is the best of the best!
- Universal plug sockets (you dont need adaptors)
- modern, stylish & clean bathroom including all toiletries
- very large Queen size bed - the comfiest bed i have ever slept in!
- large 42 inch LCD tv in front of the bed
- Large modern gloss black fridge
- Modern Safe with light inside
- Touch activated switches
- Mood lighting
- Modern Elavator
- Reception area with modern sofas & blue glittered tiles behind the service desk
- Free Internet access in the lobby with very latest HP PC's - top of the range
- Staff - were all very polite and helpful, they allways said hello and gave us a smile
- 2 pools, 1 with a swim up bar
- Gym - looked pretty good
- Comfy loungers & towels - staff serve you drinks to your lounger
- Library - nice modern, airconditioned room with more internet facilities
- Spa, looked amazing but i didnt have any treatments
- Restaurant - we tried the friday night Thai Gourmet Buffet - this was fantastic! the food was presented beautifully and the selection and quality of the food was amazing
- Excellent selection!
- Various bread's to toast, muffins, cakes, pastries, doughnuts, juices, fruit, pancakes, waffles, honey, jams, eggs (any way you want) sliced meats, cerials, yoghurt, cheeses, sausages, bacon, potatoes, noodles - the list is endless!
This was our 4th time in Phuket so we know what most of the hotels are like and trust me you will not be disapointed with the Avista.
The hotel is at the top of a road with a steep incline but quite a lot of hotels in phuket are due them being built in to the hillsides. We didnt mind the hill and it brought you out at the better end of Kata with plenty of shops and restaurants. The beach was 5 minutes away too.
The only downside for me is that i found the pool area quite shaded by palm trees and the hotel itself. I like to sunbathe and there were only about 5 loungers that got direct sunlight all day and they got taken up quickly - i guess im not the only sun worshipper!
We got chatting to the hotels guest relations manager (again i have never seen one of these in phuket before!) she was asking us if there was any way we could improve the hotel so i told her that most other hotels in phuket offer a number of shuttle bus services to phuket town or patong and then return to the hotel for a small fee however this hotel didnt offer this. She told us that they didnt want to upset the local taxi drivers that sat outside the hotel as they were all part of the phuket Mafia!
They wouldnt even transfer us to our next hotel becuase they were fearful of the taxi men outside so we had to arrange our own transport.
Other than those 2 downsides, we had an amazing stay at the Avista and if we return to phuket for a 5th time then this will be the place we will come back to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in Luxurious Accommodations at Avista Phuket Resort & Spa at Kata Beach Raise your vacation to a higher level and have a stunning experience in Thailand. Avista Phuket Resort and Spa is not just any hotel -- it stands as one of the most expressive and stylish ones in Phuket. This beautiful hotel’s design itself is a splendid architectural deco-nature model of bio-regional and ecological harmony. Set against gently sloping hills, it is the perfect spot to achieve your much-needed relaxation as well as to explore the wild jungles, magnificent beaches, and exciting nightlife of Kata. Its Grand Deluxe rooms shine bright with blue mood lighting, setting a calming atmosphere in which you and your loved ones can cuddle up and find inner peace. Even the bathrooms are pristine down to their smallest details. The nice hotel’s pool area is likewise a striking, exotic oasis of cascading royal-blue water juxtaposed against the turquoise Andaman Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Splendia, Hotel.de, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Avista Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avista Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Avista Phuket Resort And Spa
- Avista Phuket Resort & Spa Kata Beach