We have stayed at Avista for 3 nights of our 6-day trip in November. We only booked this hotel because of its location (avoiding the Patong crowd) and good deal (the Tripadvisor deal), it ends up to be an excellent stay which exceeds our expectation.
- Excellent Service Standard: all of the staff are very friendly, cheerful and helpful, and the response to enquiries and request are quick!
- Convenient Location: only 5 mins walk from the Kata town and the Kata beach (the delicious Two Chefs is only 6-8 mins away)
- Good Room Quality: Spacious, Cleanliness, and Comfortable
- The room are huge and spacious, with a large balcony overseeing the pool area; the bathroom comes with separate bath-tub and shower. I especially likes the user-friendly ac power slot feature - there is a universal power slot and a USB slot at the Television area!
- Pool: the pool is a medium to large size one, which you can do proper swimming there. It was quiet during our stay and only a few more couple of people were there (maybe it's not peak season yet...)
- Breakfast: the buffet breakfast comes with a huge variety of food. The choices of some food are differ everyday. Frankly speaking, the food are not at excellent quality but I will still rate it 8/10.
- It can sometime get noisy at night as there are sounds of partying music with huge bass around. Not sure if there is a party at the next hotel or maybe comes from a pub / bar around the corner. However, it's not loud that you cannot sleep but you can hear it
- The steep walk back to the hotel: when you walk from the hotel to town or beach, it's about 5 mins. But if you are walking back to the hotel, it will take you a double-time as the road is very steep. For us, we are able to manage it, but not recommend for elders and family with babies
- Our booking include free drinks (beer and soft drinks) from the mini-bar but they will NEVER refill it automatically. You have to call and ask for it every single day.
For the taxi issues stated from many reviews... Yes, there is a mafia taxi stand outside the hotel but I have cross checked the fare they charged with other taxi stands in Kata and found that it is just the same everywhere, so it is not a problem with the hotel but it's Phuket's issue..... The only thing that I am REALLY UNSATISFACTORY is that Avista allow the taxi-people to appear inside the hotel lobby to get their business. This is very impolite and annoying everything we stepped out from the hotel lobby, even we are just passing by it to the pool area.....
In general, Avista provided us a great and satisfy stay, and we are especially satisfy with their friendly, helpful and cheerful staff! I would recommend this hotel to everyone, except for those who cannot afford or inconvenient to take a steep walk.
Ask for a room at higher level if you are not a early wake up person, noise from the pool can be a n...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Greetings from Avista Phuket Resort and Spa!
Thank you for choosing our resort as your holiday destination.
We thank you for sparing the time to share your valuable feedback. We have shared your kind words of appreciation with our team members, who have left you with fond memories of the place. We would also like to thank you for complimenting the location and other facilities of the resort.
We would however like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you at various levels of service. Please find below a point wise revert for your assurance on the corrective measured initiated.
With regard to beverage offering, the housekeeping staff replenishes the same during the daily cleaning schedule but we have briefed our team members to make our guests aware of the same at the time of check in.
We would also like to point out that our resort is situated in an area which is Tsunami evacuation point however it is only a five minutes walking distance from the Kata beach which makes it a safe location yet easily accessible to the beach.
Regarding the taxis operators, we would like to explain that they are allowed inside to get in touch with the guests who have a prior booking through our front office. However we do regret the inconvenience caused to you and have briefed our team not to allow them beyond our lobby.
It is our constant endeavor to better our product and services with every passing year and your feedback will certainly help in improving these services further.
We look forward to welcome you back.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.