“Good atomsphere & food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Good atomsphere & food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

My husband & I ate here with another couple we met on holidays. We all enjoyed our food, service & the staff were great. Good location away from the kaos of the main Kata strip.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Khao Lak, Thailand
“Great food and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Stopped in here looking for a hearty meal and a reasonable price and that's exactly what we got.

The menu was not overcrowded nevertheless I had trouble deciding what to go for and in the end I opted for Lamb Shank while the wife had Beef Tenderloin. Both meals were prompt and cooked exactly how we had asked (the wife's steak being extra well-done).

The venue is quite large and as it was low season was lacking a few more customers to liven it up but I would imagine in high season it is very popular. Would definitely tell friends to head here if they're in the area...

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“A Pot of Gold!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I hadn't been to Kata yet so didn't know where to go for lunch, but after walking about an hour in the stifling heat I was hungry, tired and thirsty and just decided to eat in the first place we came across. This place was like finding the pot of cold at the end of the rainbow (sorry, I just cant help the punn's...grew up watching Willy Fogg!!!)

We ordered off the special lunch menu and for 90Bht I got stir fry rice, chicken and vegies and my partner had sweet and sour chicken and rice. It was so tastey that we went there again for lunch but ordered off the main menu and the food was still excellent. In fact it was my partners best meal in Thailand so far!

Definitely give this place a go, excellent value for money and really good quality food.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gold Coast
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We initially ate here because we wanted a cheap lunch and saw that they advertised lunch for 99 bart (3 dollars). The food we were served was really good and well worthe the money.
So on another day at Kata Beach we figured we would go again for lunch, this time i thought if the 99 bart food was really good, what must the quality of the standard menu be? So this time i chose a meal called 'Singapore', it was chicken breast in a coconut and chilli sauce with rice - WOW!!!
This menu item was 179 bart (5 dollars) and was easily on a par with the best meals i had whilst in Thailand and most of the others at this level were 300-400 bart, twice the price.
I think that this restaurant gets used a lot for lunch and perhaps overlooked in the evening due to its location on the beach front, i am really surprised that it only has 5 reviews and i would highly recommend it to anyone who stays in Kata, at least for a lunch visit, you will not regret it and i hope it spurs more reviews.
Try the 'Singapore', my partner was so jealous, he he..

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Munich, Germany
“We were well served”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

Sincere effort to feed us vegetarians by varying the menu suitably. Atmosphere was wonderful, a truly family place and were greatly pleased when they offered to serve us fruits in lieu of the meat which was substituted/omitted from the various dishes. We have no hesitation in recommending this place to all tourists.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere