“Amazing :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Metadee Resort and Villas

You added Metadee Resort and Villas to your Saves list
Metadee Resort and Villas
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   66 Kata Road, T Karon, Phuket | A Muang Phuket, Kata Beach, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #10 of 54 Hotels in Kata Beach
Bordertown, Australia
“Amazing :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed at the Metadee Resort and Villas for 10 nights. When you first arrive they are very welcoming. They gave us complementary punch and drove us to our Villa on a buggy. We stayed in a Private Pool Villa. The room was amazing and very clean when we first arrived. They would clean your room every day and restock the mini bar fridge. We didnt spend much time in our private pool because we were always out or in the main resort pool. We got a good deal so thats the main reason we stayed in the Private Pool Villa, otherwise it would be a great option to stay in a Deluxe access pool Villa. The service at the resort was great. They always attended to your needs. The price of the spa was a bit expensive compared to street massage places but they were great at it. The free buffet breakfast was awesome :) It was breakfast, lunch and tea combined in one meal. They had the normal breakfast options from cereal, toast, eggs etc to fried rice, noodles, potato, fruit, etc. This was our favourite meal of the day.

Room Tip: To choose the right room make sure you think about how much time you will spend in the room. This wi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Just came back from our 7 night stay at Phuket. It was awesome! Although it took me several days to decide which hotel to book I was so glad to find out that I made the right choice! It actually looks better live than from the pictures! I chose this hotel based on the reviews (especially about the pool) and yes... the pool is AMAZING! It is endless, and feels like swimming in a paradise river through the jungle! I will never forget the sensations, the smell of flowers and the peace of mind this brilliant pool offered me! The room was perfect, spacious, simple but elegant and made you feel at home. The staff was beyond friendly, as all residents of Phuket. Thailand is a beautiful country with kind and welcoming people. Kata beach is big and beautiful, but we spend most of our days exploring all the islands east of Phuket. The restaurant and bar were quite nice, breakfast was of great variety, although I have had better ones.
The only bad experience was some stains on the sheets and some worn out towels.... it really was inappropriate from such kind of hotel. Other than that it was really perfect in every way. I will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We had a pool view room with great view to the mountain (you could even see Big Buddha's head...
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Our room was lovely and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. At certain points the service was a little slow and certain staff were indecisive. Our air conditioning also broke one night and it took 24 hours before it was fixed. The bar was particularly poor with slow service even when staff were present and customers sparse - probably for that reason.

Have awarded 4 out of 5, but that is being generous. Out of 10 i would say 7, but don't want be unjust.

Room Tip: We only sampled pool view - but was pleasant view of hillside.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We booked this online through Air Asia as a package from Hong Kong. We decided to come to Thailand seeing as we were in this part of the world and I'm sure glad we did.

We were warmly greeted as we came in to the reception, everything was quick to check I and then we were driven to our room in a little golf cart. We walked in to a beautiful room with a king sized bed, beautiful bathroom and our own private access to the pool from our room.
The hotel offers a breakfast package (buffet) for an extra 500 Baht each, we didn't choose this in our package as we didn't really think we needed a buffet every morning. The food looked great when we've walked past and there are always people there, but we opted to go and buy local fruit from the vendors and some yogurt from either 7 11or Bamboo mart... this only cost us about 300 for both of us. The difference in CAD is $18 per person compared to $5. Also for us it was about the local flavours, not a buffet full of western breakfast items.
We did have dinner one night, 4 items Shrimp wrapped in noodles, beef with red curry, shrimp stir fried with spicy Thai basil, coconut soup and two young coconuts to drink. This was one of the better meals we had for sure and it cost maybe 400 baht ($14.00 CAD) more than outside the resort. Well worth the no hassle eating before going to a show.

The resort also has a spa which is reasonably priced however if you want great massages everyday you can walk to the end of the road (3/4 of a city block) and have a great massage for a 1/3 of the price. Having said that there is something to be said for a spa experience and they did give us a coupon for 30% off any spa package so still a good deal.

There is a small fitness centre which was never busy, but the A/C is off when the room is not in use so it was warm when I used it. Everything you need is there and it's clean.

There is a poolside bar that offers promos and usually has a few people around.

The pool is amazing and partly the reason that we came. The main pool area has lots of deck chairs and umbrellas. The pool however extends like a river to one end of the resort with a number of rooms that offer private pool access. There are also little private villas that have cool outdoor showers an large patios.

This is probably one of the nicest and cleanest resorts that we've been to in our travels. Keep in mind that much like Mexico the hotels and resorts here aren't "all inclusive", if anything they'll offer a breakfast or "European" package.

I would gladly recommend this place to my friends and easily come back if we came back to Thailand. Great place !

• Stayed November 2012
Lake Placid, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Peaceful,serene, well-appointed, the Metadee is a "boutique" resort that sits a bit off the beaten path amidst lush surroundings in busy Kata Beach. We booked this hotel after looking on Expedia for a month in our attempt to find just the right place. We were surprised beyond our expectations with our pool access villa. It was spacious and immaculately clean, with a beautiful and comfortable queen four poster bed with accompanying mosquito netting. The bath area (calling it a bathroom would not come close to doing it justice) was enormous with 2 separate rainfall showers (one inside and one outside), spacious double sink area, and an enormous free-standing tub. There is a spa on the premises, and its soft music, lush plant life and welcoming aromas put us in the perfect mood for the greatest massage we have ever experienced. The restaurant was very good - lots of choices for breakfast, and excellently prepared Thai dinners. The restaurant staff could not do enough for us. The taxi service from the resort to Anywhere was convenient and priced better than what we found out on the street. The reception staff spoke very good English, and they were always ready to help us book all manner of excursions. We give this place a resounding 5 out of 5. Can you tell we absolutely loved it?!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool access villa!
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Metadee was absolutely beautiful! We had a huge room with a large balcony and a lovely view. We had great service. We booked on the hotels website and got a better deal that included breakfast (which was awesome)! Other than that, the food and drinks seemed a little overpriced so we didn't eat too much there. I read other reviews about the long walk up a hill to the main road - I don't know what these people were talking about. It is setnback from the main road, but they will drive you up there in a golf cart for no charge. But it's just a 5 min walk at most, I felt ridiculous taking the cart. And Theresa's NO hill - the whole walk was completely flat!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at the resort from April 16-18, 2013. Overall the resort was beautiful and I loved the resort. Good value. I would definitely stay there again except after one incident on our last date that ruined our experience. My cousin and I were lounging at the pool and we wanted food. The food and beverage manager was advertising the "50% off happy hour" and it was written on a chalkboard. Now, bare in mind I looked on the board and there were no specifications. I asked if the happy hour prices applied for food as well and I heard he said food is included as well. Of course, after hearing that I ordered a cheeseburger and chicken burger. Shortly after the bill came I was surprised the price was full price. I spoke to the food and beverage manager and he said he would never say something like that and "everybody knows that happy hour only applies to drinks". Obviously, I was not aware and therefore I asked. We both acknowledged there was a miscommunication problem and I asked if there was anything he could do. He refused to do anything to attempt to make the situation less painful for the customer.

Yes the hotel offer services but unfortunately they LACK CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Metadee Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!