“Perfect place to relax at the end of a holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Metadee Resort and Villas

You added Metadee Resort and Villas to your Saves list
Metadee Resort and Villas
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   66 Kata Road, T Karon, Phuket | A Muang Phuket, Kata Beach, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #11 of 54 Hotels in Kata Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hamilton
“Perfect place to relax at the end of a holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here to relax after a very busy Thailand trip and we think it was the perfect choice. On arrival the staff were friendly, polite and welcoming. We were informed our room wasn't ready and were upgraded to a private pool room which was an amazing romantic space.

The staff throughout the resort are very friendly and are willing to help with any enquiry. We asked one staff member a question but he could not understand us due to not understanding our english. He was extremely apologetic and went out of his way to find us someone who could understand us and ensured our question had been answered. My boyfriend and I are 21 and have found that we have been treated lesser at other resorts due to our age but here we were treated like all other customers.

If you are looking for something a little out of the main beach which is a bit calmer and quieter then I would suggest this resort to anyone and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Geelong Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for the first two nights of our trip to Thailand last December. It was the most beautiful place, set back off the busy streets. The room was lovely, the service and staff were amazing they couldn't do enough for you and appeared to really enjoy their jobs. We had an early morning pickup on the day of our departure, so they prepared a breakfast box for us to take with us. We will definitely be going back. We highly recommend this place you won't be sorry!

Room Tip: A pool villa would be wonderful
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Can highly recommend this amazing hotel in Kata. Everything from the welcome at the reception, to the introduction to the room, the gigantic relaxing and go for a-swim-adventure pool, the breakfast, the bar (super friendly staff lead by Sebastian, who is very friendly and always helpful with advice or a smile). The rooms are huge (had a villa with pool access), huge very comfy bed, amazing bathroom with separate shower and bathtub. Is situated of the main circus tourist road in Kata. But no problem to work the 5 minutes from reception to main street in Kata (if you cant be bothered the hotel staff will free of charge drive the small distance in a golf kart (and with huge smile too).

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I have just returned home from a 10 day stay at Metadee Resort in Kata, Phuket. It was wonderful! Everything from the services provided, the food, the friendliness and the beautiful pool and grounds were flawless.
We had read comments regarding the long driveway that goes from the main road to the resort entrance in some reviews. This was not at all an issue for us. It took no more than 4 minutes to walk and to us it was an advantage being set back from the hustle and bustle of the main road. If you were feeling lazy though, you could always ask for a ride down on the golf buggy.
Our rooms were amazing. We stayed in both the Private Pool Villa and the Access Pool Villa. Everything was just perfect and quite luxurious. All staff were friendly and helpful no matter what time of the day or night and a special thankyou to Sathian(Sebastian) for his care and attention. The gardeners that were constantly sweeping or caring for the grounds plus the cleaners also always gave a friendly smile and “Hello” whenever our paths crossed.
The buffet breakfast provided was varied and plentiful. There were choices of fruit, yoghurt, cold meats and salads, hot dishes both Thai, Western and Continental as well as freshly cooked omelettes and eggs to order plus much more. If you found this was insufficient then you must be just simply hard to please!
We would not hesitate in returning to Metadee in any future trips to Phuket.
Deb & Phil Gray

Room Tip: "Access Pool Villas" on the north side of the pool received more sun on their deck area an...
Mokosica, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The first day when we arrived in Metadee because of overbooking we got a transfer to another hotel and from the very beginning, I became suspicious of this resort!
Upon arrival we were greeted by Nee` (thank you), a girl who with her kindness and sincere approach succeeded positive impact on all of us and great time in Metadee resort and Phuket could begin.
Although the resort is already acting as if it is a bit ready for renovation and further embellishment, excellent service and friendliness of all the staff call attention to it later turned out irrelevant elements that could possibly spoil your fun (only minus frayed linen towels and torn linen in rooms, slow internet)
Metadee is near Kata and Kata Noi beach, but far enough away from the hustle and bustle if you want to grab some peace for yourself.
The rooms are beautiful, decorated with a minimalist, view of the pool that stretches across the entire resort. The food at breakfast was good, adjusted Westerners, great cocktails!
Besides Metadee Kata is a beautiful resort, providing ample opportunities for all, good restaurants, great beaches (I recommend Kata Noi beach to escape from reality), and if you're interested in more crowded, enough is to get a taxi or tuk-tuk to 15 minute ride to Patong where the fun does not stop (for my taste too "ping-pong" fun, be sure to visit Hard Rock cafe - great live music!).
I recommend that upon arrival in Phuket see the place Metade in witch service and personnel are on high level - especially ladies on the front desk who will help you that will help you and give advice for the smallest little thing that you need it.
Do not forget to visit some of the tours that are offered - they are worth a visit!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed there from February 5 to February 11 and we got an upgrade to a private pool which was basically a little bungalow we got for us only, this place is really good, Kata beach is only 10 min walk. there is plenty of restaurants outside, if you go eat at Oasis they have the best stir fried rice with eggs on top it was DELICIOUS we went 4 times there. the food in the hotel is good but double the price than what you get outside so better save your money as I tought the food was much better! the staff were amazing too.... if youre looking for a nice quite place and romantic for your partner, it is a very nice place. the buffet was good enough for us.

Room Tip: dont take the room with pool access if you want quite during the day in your room as you get people...
california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our first experience in Thailand was Phuket and if I didn't know any better, I would think the whole country was just like this awful place. Don't get me wront, Phuket is beautiful in its own right but the hoards of Russians and low down dirty taxi cab drivers have really ruined this beautiful place. My husband and I were pretty bummed out upon arrival but felt like we saw the real Thailand in Bangkok when we left.

Now on to Metadee...

Metadee is a smaller property located down a long driveway away from the main street so it's easy to miss, just look for the Spice restaurant. I appreciated the smaller scale of the resort but the lobby is a little too small. Checkin was fast, efficient and friendly. The cold refreshment offered was a nice touch also. A golf cart took us to our room and is also avaialble to take you up the long driveway to the main road. Nice touch because it can be a long walk!

We opted for a room without pool access which was perfect, I don't like the noise of someone swimming so close to my room while I'm trying to relax. Weird. A word about the pool, it starts at 5 feet and gets shallower. I almost drowned! My fault, but worth noting. The room is very spacious. The bathtub looks out to the room, the toilet is in it's own separate room so you have privacy. The decor was very industrial, concrete and hard lines. Not my thing. The bed was comfortable but the pillows and linens smelled dank. The air conditioner was more of a wall unit that didn't work that well. It was either really cold or humid and nasty. I unplugged the scented oil warmer because it just exacerbated the problem. A nice fruit basket was provided but was invaded by small ants. Really gross. Don't leave anything edible out or you will have an infestation.

Breakfast and internet were included in the price of the room. We had to continually log in to the network each day. Annoying, but no biggie. Breakfast was a large buffet, nothing to write home about but appreciated because it made starting our day much easier. The buffet consisted of an omlette station, fresh juices, cereal, fried rice, noodles, breads/pastry, fruit and salad. I asked to take a knife back to my room to cut some fruit and was denied! Apparently it is "against policy" to have knives in the room. So...what if I order room service? Will they make me use a spoon to cut a steak? Nonsense.

For the price we paid, Metadee was a disappointment. I think Phuket in general was a disappointment. We're happy to have visited but I will never return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Metadee Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!