“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Metadee Resort and Villas

Save Saved
You added Metadee Resort and Villas to your Saves list
Metadee Resort and Villas
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   66 Kata Road, T Karon | A Muang, Kata Beach, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #9 of 51 hotels in Kata Beach
london
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

The hotel is lovely, staff very friendly. We came with our 10 month old son and he loved!! Mickey, the food and beverage manager was always very nice and often took our son for a walk while we were eating our breakfast. We came to celebrate our wedding anniversary and they prepared the room as honeymoon style with rose petals and orchids all over the bed and bathtub. Our room was very nice taking us straight to the side swimming pool from our balcony door. Great size bedroom and bathroom, great facilities!! I definitely recommend if you staying in Phuket although I didn't like the city. Krabi is much nicer in terms of nature and beaches.

Room Tip: Access pool villa is a great room where you can go to the swimming pool straight from your room and...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

884 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Rotorua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

we both loved the Metadee from check in to check out everything ran smooth the rooms were primo we had a pool access room and would def reccommend so nice to be able to walk out of the room onto the deck and slip into the pool after reading other reviews we were worried about the pool temp but i can assure you it is spot on ...remember it is a tropical island so the pool isnt going to be cold but it is refreshing during a 32 deg day the breakfast was awesome so much to choose from and all fresh and the staff especially Song,Tak,Mus and Kai were always welcoming remembering your name and having your coffee ready when you got back to your table and regularly checking if you wanted a refill or anything else remember they are Thai and have a limited english language not sure what problems other people have with them but we found speaking slowly and treating them as friends got us a long way.the drivers out the front are great and the fares they charge were also fair ..our favourite was Mr Nine a nice guy and he has great english so you can hold an informative conversation with him but that is a little unfair to the other guys as they were always very friendly and would say hi and ask what we were up to everytime we saw them on the way to our scooter,the hotel is set in an almost jungle setting and the evening smell of the flowers was beautiful there were a few mosqitos but no more than anywhere else on the island and certainly not a problem..the location is great and they have a buggy to run you up the driveway but we found after so many great meals at Kata mama we could use the walk...there is a VW Kombi set up to the right at the end of the driveway that sells primo cocktails and cheap and the barman puts on a great show and interacts with you as he makes your drinks...if your brave do try the Kata Auto Spice! overall we cant speak highly enough of the place and would stay here again if we return to Kata beach !!

Room Tip: pool access rooms are a must!
Trondheim, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

The best resort we have stayed on. Like paradise. The pool is like a river with palm trees.

Room Tip: Pool access are the best choice.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Metadee Resort is somewhere my partner and I would definitely return to. Me being 24 and Partner 26 travelled there with my parents and were in one of their Deluxe Double Pool Access Rooms - everything you need in the room, big air conditioner, fridge and a HUGE bed, mosquito net, nice bathroom etc etc. Service - Beautiful, friendly service, the staff are very welcoming and always have a smile, Mus and Tac are two of the names, maybe Arun - great people who ensured every day started off with a smile and made our stay that much more enjoyable. Food at Metadee - Beautiful, Breakfast Buffet, menu always changing, ranges from asian stir fries, noodles, cheeeses, croissants, all types of cooked eggs, bacon, ham etc etc. I must mention the BBQ BUffet the resort puts on once a week - the best meal I have eaten anywhere in the world, ALL the meat was so nicely marinated and well cooked, Thai dishes very traditional and tasty, I would kill for another one of these buffets tonight it was that good. Kata is a nice relaxed place, beach is awesome and the shop owners don't harass you too much. Pat the Taxi driver at Metadee is very good and honest guy, always willing to answer your questions if he can and doesn't rip you off.

The resort Pool is the best Pool I have seen and is massive, water was great, you can even be served alcohol by the staff whilst in the pool

Overall, a great resort and well worth the money paid, My partner and I as well as my parents, will definitely be returning the same time next year - see you then Metadee!

Room Tip: Definitely recommend a Pool access room as the water is 3 steps from your back door
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

The star attraction of this hotel is the long warm pool. Stayed 6nites from 12th Sep11 at pool access villa, Room is huge, insects in the room but no mozzies issue. Service is quite average. Will stay here again just for the pool, definitely must get a pool access villa

Some minor incidents encountered :
1) Upon reaching hotel, reception is not very welcoming. First impression fails....
What turn me off was the front desk lady's attitude, she insists on me paying again when i had already paid online thru hotel booking. Well being on a holiday mood, i do not wish to pick a quarrel with her. Let her charge my credit card. 10mins later , she came running back to me to revoke my payment saying i had already paid, without feeling apologetic. What a BIG turn off for me....

2) Water was cut off for 2 long hours on one of the night while wife was bathing. i didn't get to shower till 1am. But this is a minor issue to me.

3) Service of the staff is very average. Notice some staff wear polo T-shirt , not uniform. I assume those could be temp staff. Service from those staff in proper uniform seems better. Service from those staff wearing polo T-shirt are below par. I had the misfortune to be checked in by a lady wearing polo-T-shirt.....perhaps that explain the lousy service.
And the waitress in the cafe wearing polo T-shirt never smile when she sees a customer.
Rest of the encounter with the service staff in uniform are nice and pleasant.

Room Tip: Choose a pool access villa nearer to the reception.
Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

We spend 12 nights expensive nights in Metadee Resort during New Year 2010/11, overall a good holiday but due to both good and bad experience I will make review starting with the 5 stars ending with the 1 star experiences.

5 stars:
Staff is very nice and helpful - always smile and greet you.
Poolarea is wonderful and surroundings well kept.
Due to misunderstandings we got upgraded to pool-villa – nice move

4 stars:
Nice pool villa - alot better then rooms.

3 stars:
Cleaning could improve, windows (had to ask to get them cleaned – could not see out), bathroom was never shining and bed was made like we do it at home…..

2 stars:
Breakfast was okay, but quickly got messy and needed to be filled up much more (had to ask several times. Make sure always clean around so it looks nice all the time.

1 star:
Lunch was disappointing, compared to price level.

0 stars:
Manager, cook and other chefs eat breakfast in same area as guest every morning. Taking one of the best table (even if restaurant is full) Occupying already busy staff with special needs, cleaning teeth indiscreet, smoking, talking loud in mobile phone. In top they had NO interest - at all - in guest (no good morning, no smile) just nothing. Good advice: get a staff table next to wine storage, get your own coffee, juice, water, and be a good example to your staff.

Worst experience with them was our last day January 7 where the head manager/boss (I asked who he was) sat eating with the cook next to our table,CUTTING HIS FINGERNAILS!!! It was so disgusting and we could not believe it!!!!

New years eve was a RIP OFF!! Was forced to pay 18.000 Baht (450 Euro) 4 people due to the time we stay there, main buffet quickly empty and no cake and coffee after 10 minutes, show was a joke, terrible, bad singers, bad actors, bad everything and so embarrassing. People left all over and 10 o’clock few almost no people around. I wonder if ANYONE was there 12 o'clock!. The card with drinks was changed and price went up at least 20-30% New Years Eve. Come on Thailand, be careful not to let greed take over!

TRY THIS: Go eat at Red Chair restaurant – best food ever! Ask taxi driver - they know!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Metadee is a resort build inside a narrow road of KATA beach. We will need to ring up the free golf buggy to drive you to the inside of this narrow road. Phone booth of Metadee is located just at the turn to this narrow road.

The exterior of Metadee Resort wasn't the kind that will set you go "wow," however when you enter their rather small lobby, the warmth and friendliness of the staffs will more than enough to set your day right.

We had welcome drink (taste great) while they were helping us with the check-in procedure. Check-in was fast and we had some minutes to take pictures of part of the swimming pool which was facing the lobby.

The bar and restaurant is just a stone's throw away from the lobby. The resort had golf buggy to send you to your rooms, in our case, we booked a Villa with Private Pool. I will let the pictures that I took to do the talking about our villa. (great !!!). A word of warning though, remember to close the internal door, mosquitoes are a plenty and you wont want them to fly to your room.

Room temperature can be adjusted to go as low as 15deg. Complimentary fruits and water for your consumption. Hairdryer, toothpaste, toothbrush, shower caps, sewing kit provided. You need to use your credit card to pay if you want to use their Safe Box.

They could have improve on the system of their locking on the doors. There are a total of 3 doors, one main entrance wooden door to get into the villa and the other 2 doors were entrance to the room and back entrance to the bathtub/shower room. My girlfriend and I were locked outside of our room, at the private pool and hut area and had to ask the staff to unlock the room door for us, luckily we were both clothed, as there are no phone outside of the room. We had to walked to the lobby to contact the staff. Everything you need is in the room and if you need travel adapter for charging your electronic equipments, you can just ring up and they will get their staff to pass it to you.

Breakfast were normal. Cereals, pancakes, fried rice, sausages, ham, potatoes, tomatoes, etc.

Spa were rather expensive, you can definitely get better spa services out there in Kata, but if convenience is your priority then I think their spa service is rather satisfying. We were given 30% off Spa voucher when we check in though.

Kata beach is a rather quiet and peaceful beach compared to their neighbor Patong beach, upon turning out of the narrow road you can walk about 7mins to Kata beach. I will briefly state the direction for you guys reading this review. (once you reach the entrance of the narrow road, cross the road, turn left and walk straight till you see some big elephant statues which belongs to Kata Beach Resort & Spa and then you turn right, you will be at Kata beach already.)

Finally I had one bad experience to share. I engaged their taxi service to Patong beach, The Kee Resort. which cost 400baht and left my camera in their taxi upon alighting, I immediately ring up Metadee front desk and ask them to check with the driver who fetch us to The Kee. I was shocked to hear that they demanded 400baht again as the driver claim that he was already close to Metadee already, which I think is not true, he just left not long ago upon dropping us at The Kee Resort. To get my DSLR camera back, I had to agree to the price, they don't allow bargaining to 300baht, they insist 400baht.

Overall I would say Metadee is really a 4.5 star resort set in a peaceful and quiet environment. Definitely recommended for solo traveler, couples and families.

Room Tip: Villa with private pool.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Metadee Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!