A small boutique accommodation sandwiched between a very loud beach bar area and a very large construction site. It comprises of studios located at the 'busier' part of the property, villas towards the shoreline, and older rooms that over look an crowded beach. Somewhat helpful, is that this place is located off the very busy main road in Kata which can be full of motorcycles, cars, and large trucks.
But, still not as quite as you might think; mainly because of the constant building construction, the overcrowding of Kata Beach, the proximity of beach bars, and the fireworks that go off sporadically after dark.
The taxi we took was only 600 baht, but we tipped the driver 100, because he was able to maneuver through the traffic jams, yes, along the way. It was one hour drive from the Phuket International Airport.
Hint: When you leave the airport, turn right and look for the sign that says: TAXI METER. At the small building, tell them where you want to go, they tell you the cost, and then wait for the cab. There are those unauthorized cab drivers who will take you, but do you want to take the risk and support this activity? Besides, the cheapest was 1000 baht anyway.
- Very few guests, nice small feeling
- Clean, bright pool area
- Villas look very well-maintained with fresh paint and quaint too!
- Villas have roof-top decks with soft cushion couches and patio table/chairs
- Studios at the top level have high vaulted ceilings and have 2 a/c units
- Very well-maintained grounds, with the exception of the 'beach' area
- Attentive, cheerful staff with smiles - even at 7am
- Large shade trees and singing birds (Bella Vista's bird is annoying though)
- Private main deck overlooking Kata beach with loungers and tables (a good design plan, otherwise go join the others on the crowded beach with the boats!)
- Beachside restaurants can be loud! Seems like the crowds come up to eat and drink at the bars just located on the beach within 100 meters or so, so it can be loud until late. Since the studios are located at the top of the hill, the noises carry up unfortunately. Music, karaoke, drums begin their night beat right on schedule when you want to relax on your patio!
- A small access road directly behind the studios can be noisy too with motorbikes going up and down the small hill just outside the windows, and cement trucks from 7 until 10 pm!
- No real good beach on site at all. Besides what some may say, there is really no beach, just some sand in-between rocks. When the water is high, pthe 'beach' is gone completely and the cheap plastic chairs just left to float like trash on the water surface! This part of Kata beach is a bit 'trashy, and condensed, but there are rocks to find fish, thankfully.
- No buffet breakfast, but the menu items are plenty unless you get tired of the same everyday!
- Missing deck loungers on the balconies of the studios, just hard, flat wooden chairs.
- No mosquito nets above the bed! (a must in the tropics!)
- loud beach bars, noisy until late! (you have been warned)
- sporadic very loud fireworks until late - try sleeping early, good luck
- large construction site just behind the property's studios - wakes you up with buzzing of saws, hammers, and cement trucks beginning at 6:30 am
- motorbike parking lot on the small road just outside your bedroom window with predictable morning motor noise from 7 to 8 am, folks going to work at construction site, go figure
- noisy boats as early as 8 am.
Studios are a distance from the shore with a very obstructed view of the ocean. Villas have the better views, but it costs. Villa 2 is best. Whilst Villa 1 had the smell of a septic tank right next door! Villa 3 located next to the pool.
Studio 4 overlooks the parking lot, entrance way and is closer to the noisy restaurants and bars, so I am not too sure why it gets all the great reviews unless it's so awesome inside.
We stayed in Studio 5 next door to 4, which is in the middle of the studios on the upper floor. Obstructed view of the ocean, swimming pool below though. These are basically good sized rooms with a small kitchen area which is open to the small living space. Kitchen has cups, plates, utensils, pots and pans; thus, very convenient, but who's cooking on vaca? The king bed is off to the side but is not enclosed. Bathroom has walk-in shower, basic white towels, shampoo, etc. No toothbrushes, but you can get most everything at the small store just 4 min walk down the hill and to the right on the main road.
I, personally, won't be returning to Phuket. Cannot fault this property, though. It's just gotten way too crowded since 2006. Pattiya got too full, so travel agencies are promoting elsewhere. That's great for Thailand, but not for me since my goal is to get away from the crowds (Chinese and Russians). (even the Chinese avoid Kata, Karon, or Patong anymore). Advice: Go north or as far south as possible, these areas may still be remote enough from the Russian annual colonists. Only the Thais can be so patient with some folks!
Yeah, it was a risk to stay even at this property. Not a good choice. Then, again, if you like parties along with the sun, go for it! It seemed most guests just wanted a little more peace and quite, but are still wishing for it here.
BTW: bring your ear plugs to Russia's Cancun!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.