My husband and I stayed here at the end of our honeymoon and it was just ok.
We were upgraded which was great (for the 4 days we stayed, we were the only people there).
The room was clean and spacious and the bathroom nice. We did get half used mini bottles of shampoo and body wash and these were not replaced when we ran out which was all a little strange. The outlook wasn't great (we looked out to a large area of dirt and dumped rubbish from our room).
The restaurant was nice, the food was good and a reasonable price but the beer was old and flat.
The owner/reception/cook woman was really lovely and helpful. However, the cleaner and breakfast cook desperately needed some training and it would be good if she learned a little English so she can communicate with English speaking guests a bit.
She cleaned the room well but never topped up things we ran out of, I broke a glass which I went and told them but she never replaced it so my husband was drinking out of a medicine cup. We also came back from the beach after a rainstorm absolutely drenched and when we got to the room and got in the shower, we found she hadn't given us any towels so we had to use a hand towel.
She also made breakfasts which were not terrible but not great and every single morning she talked on her cellphone and served while she was speaking on speaker phone. I didn't mind if it was once, but doing it every morning seemed pretty rude and unprofessional and made us feel a but like we were getting in the way of her day. One morning, after getting up early other mornings to go on trips (and wanting a little bit of a sleep in) we were woken up just after 8am with loud banging on the door demanding we go down to breakfast as she had to go to town. The way she did it was quite rude and I feel that if she is working and we are paying for the service, we shouldn't feel like we are at boarding school.
The music was so loud outside and went until about 4am everyday. Some nights we left the tv on to drown out the terrible kareoke so we could sleep. The last night we stayed we got up at 6am to catch a plane and the loud drunken kareoke sounding music only stopped at 6.30am. Don't stay here if you need sleep.
It was pretty expensive for what it was but aspects of this place were good and the owner was lovely. I hope the girl working there gets some feedback and training and considering how quiet and empty it was, I hope they have more people staying there in the future.
- Also Known As:
- 3rd Street Cafe & Guesthouse Hotel Kata Beach
- 3rd Street Cafe & Guesthouse Hotel
- 3rd Street Cafe And Guesthouse
- 3rd Street Cafe & Guesthouse Phuket/Kata Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We would like to invite you to stay with us at the newest and most stylish guesthouse in Phuket, Thailand. The 3rd Street Café is located in the Kata Night Bazaar. We are ideally located just steps away from shopping, dining, nighttime entertainment, and only 200 meters from Kata Beach and 600 meters from Karon Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your 3rd street cafe & Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.