This was a really tough review; the last two places we have stayed at have been 5 star major hotel chains.
That said this place is amazing, I’ll list positives and negatives.
Wow factor, the rooms are stunning, two levels of opulence.
Foot baths, big bath, rain shower.
Location, easy walk to local Kata shopping.
Apple mini mac (I work in IT and this was probably the biggest highlight, transferred all my TV shows from the laptop to the apple)
The swim up pool was nice however when we stayed it was a bit rainy, this makes the pool a bit chilly, even in 30+ deg heat, I’m sure on hot days it would be awesome.
Something we weren't expecting was the book selection; there are a number of books to read in room and in a separate reading area.
Massive bed, the beds are big, so big that they are squares and can accommodate me either way when I’m over 6 foot :)
Service, from the moment we entered the place they looked after us, with a level of personal service that you won't get from a bigger hotel.
The hotel itself is beautiful, The koi/carp in the ponds are massive and I think the water connects the whole hotel as they are everywhere, there are also romantic swings around area's which at night is perfect for wooing the other half.
Negatives (being super critical, aimed towards constructive)
Breakfast/in room dining, just having stayed at 2 major hotels the breakfast is rather lacking in comparison (this is understandable due to the size, around 46 rooms and 14 villa's I think)
I used to work as a Chef so food is very close to my heart, I don't usually expect much from room service, but always keep an open mind. The burger I had tasted of vinegar and was slightly undercooked( not usually a problem, but coupled with the vinegar it wasn't overly pleasant) the fries were either double cooked or left in for a while, the crunch was fine, but oily, maybe deep fryer wasn't at 180c
When you inspect the rooms closely you will notice the flaws, these include leaky aircon, patches and repair to plaster etc., this is not usually noticeable as the lighting is fairly low and the decor lends itself to this look.
All in all this hotel is nice, the missing things are a balcony and sea views, if the place had these I recon it would stay at # 1 permanently.
We are off to Paresa Hotel now.
- Also Known As:
- The Baray Villa Hotel
- The Baray Villa Hotel Kata Beach
- The Baray Villa Phuket/Kata Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Resort in Phuket, Thailand… a Treasury of Exotic Thai Art & Culture… with the Senses of Peace and Healing. Art of Life… To fulfill the senses of living with the 1st Triple Pool Access Villa in Phuket, Thailand. The 14 Luxury Villas has the spacious space with luxurious design and the exclusive services of your personal assistant staff to customized all desires.We assured to heal your holidays in the peace of life with our Thai hospitality service. The awards from Tourism Authority of Thailand and TripAdvisor can guarantee your total experiences at our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your The Baray Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.