You realise that all the excellent reviews posted about these villas are accurate as soon as you step inside a Baray Villa. Located within the Sawasdee Village, the 14 private freestanding villas look exactly like the photos shown on the Sawasdee website. Plenty of room, extremely comfortable, with great amenities including an ipod doc, mac mini and free wifi, and decorated using a mix of Thai and Moroccan themed furnishings. As a lover of this type of 'look' this was the perfect place for 10 days of rest and relaxation. The staff were extremely attentive, especially M and Miss Or and my holiday package (booked directly with the hotel) which included airport transfers or 2.5hr spa treatment or set meal with bottle of Australian wine daily was excellent. The spa centre was lovely and the staff were very professional. The Sawasdee Thai Cuisine Restaurant had a relaxed setting and was a great place for breakfast and dinner - a lovely spot to enjoy the gentle breeze and enjoy some tasty Thai food. I also took part in the restaurant's cooking class which was great fun and sitting down to a meal I had prepared under the expert guidance of Chef Sri and Ti was a joy. The restaurant, and the whole of the hotel grounds for that matter, are also extremely stunning at night with the use of candles and soft lighting in amongst the plants and along pathways - great atmosphere. Inside The Baray Villa guest only area there's a very comfortable lounge area and at the end of the canal swimming pool there's The Oasis Bar. These areas were under-utilised by guests and therefore it was hard to get any service - something that I'm sure the hotel will rectify in the future. The location of the resort is 10mins walk to the beach which was a pleasant stroll but there is a free shuttle bus for guest use. It was a great base from which to head out on tours (see my Simba Sea Trips and JC Tours review) and the location itself was very quiet and away from the party scene. You would never know from looking at the entrance what beauty lies behind its walls, but once you enter both the Sawasdee Village and its Baray Villas you will never want to leave. I highly recommend this place to all and look forward to being able to return again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Resort in Phuket, Thailand… a Treasury of Exotic Thai Art & Culture… with the Senses of Peace and Healing. Art of Life… To fulfill the senses of living with the 1st Triple Pool Access Villa in Phuket, Thailand. The 14 Luxury Villas has the spacious space with luxurious design and the exclusive services of your personal assistant staff to customized all desires.We assured to heal your holidays in the peace of life with our Thai hospitality service. The awards from Tourism Authority of Thailand and TripAdvisor can guarantee your total experiences at our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Prestigia and Otel so you can book your The Baray Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Baray Villa Hotel Kata Beach
- The Baray Villa Phuket/Kata Beach