“Absolutely Stunning!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 108 Restaurants in Kata Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 768 Reviews
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Thai, Vegetarian, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Description: Enjoy fine dining in an award-winning restaurant set just above the rocks overlooking Kata Noi Beach. Panoramic sea views and the sound of the waves below create a peaceful, sensually indulgent and romantic setting. European favorites and Thai dishes are served either on the open-air terrace or Thai sala. Mom Tri’s Kitchen has won the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for 7 years in a row and offers over 750 labels.
“Absolutely Stunning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Not only is the location of the restaurant absolutely stunning but the food was to die for! We read a few reviews before going there and we had a great experience. We arrived just before sunset and enjoyed cocktails on the deck followed by three courses of deliciousness! We were waited on very well by the staff and even given a free pick up and return to our own hotel. It was a meal that I won't forget quickly that's for sure.

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“best restraunt in phuket”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

the mom tris is set on a hill overlooking kata noi beach. The food is outstanding quite expensive for dinner but worth every penny. treat yourselves if you go

Visited October 2012
Sydney, Australia
“amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Hi absolutley recommend this restaurant, not as cheap as others but worth it, fantastic location, friendly efficent staff and beautiful food, seafood a must!! Amazing Views

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Guangzhou, China
“mixed feelings...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

View was fantastic, food was good. We made the reservation and arrived early(before 6 pm), so no other guest when we arrived. We walked around and took pictures, I left my bag on the chair. I couldn't find my purse when I tried to pay the bill(I thought it was forgotten at my hotel room), when we walked out a waiter caught up with me and returned my purse to me, he said it was found under my chair. I thanked him with 50 baht. But I wasn't that lucky when I found a few days later that my credit card, which has been kept in my purse and unused, was swiped by somebody on my night at Mom Tri's and the day followed - a total of USD 2,750!!! Nevertheless I can't say it is relavant to the short disappearance of my purse at Mom Tri's. The case is still under investigation by the bank and the police. Lesson learned: Keep an eye on your valueables no matter where you go!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sylvie K, Public Relations Manager at Mom Tri's Kitchen at Villa Royale, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Bobbi_1982,

Firstly we would like to thank you and say we do appreciate you chose Mom Tri’s Kitchen and enjoyed the view and food. We would like to respond to your review as it is quite unusual and implies a strong accusation.

We have investigated your claim with our staff. The restaurant manager who has worked for Mom Tri for over 16 years was the staff who noticed your purse under your chair. He said you were leaving; he saw your purse and went to give it to you. He said this was observed by some of the other staff. Our staff have always returned items left by guests.

It is certainly unpleasant to have unauthorized charges on your credit card. These days credit card companies take extra precautions and often will call the card owner before authorizing large purchases especially in foreign counties.

We are very glad you have contacted the police and the bank and feel it is unfair to post your review without the legal conclusion.

We are confident our staff is honest and have never experienced any problems of this nature.

Should you wish to send us any information or supporting evidence of please feel free to contact me directly at pr@villaroyalephuket.com

Sylvie Y
PR Manager
Mom Tri's Villa Royale / Mom Tri's Kitchen
pr@villaroyalephuket.com
Fussa, Tokyo, Japan
“Disappointing....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Had great expectations for Mom's Kitchen, unfortunately none were met. We made reservations and the view was nice. Service was great as well. However, once we were seated at our table, I ordered a drink from the nearly empty bar, took 20 minutes. Food was average. Crab cakes wonderful but my seafood spaghetti was not good at all and my husbands expensive Australian Steak had absolutely no seasoning. We also wanted to try some nice sweet wine and the staff had no idea what to recommend. A nice environment but definetely not the money's worth. We recommend the BoatHouse Wine and Grill. A much better view of the sunset and terrific drinks and food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere