A really enjoyable weekend spent with Lynne and Ian at their wonderful Somerset home. Our first night was spent tasting Ian's homemade brew along with our fellow walkers and eating delicious pre dinner snacks. Dinner was a tasty home made beef casserole served with home grown veg and ice cream for afters. We then all walked to the first pub of our pentathlon being one of three in the village. The following day we walked 11 miles in the Quantock Hills enjoying a superb lunch baguette buffet half way through (pub no 2), pre dinner pint (pub No 3) and a very welcome dinner (pub No 4). The day was spent enjoying superb views and despite a short heavy shower the weather was perfect for climbing the fairly steep hills.
Sadly the next day's weather was pretty awful but we still enjoyed an 8 mile walk with another great lunch spread and drink (pub No 5) .
The room at the Cider house was perfect - clean and tidy and we really appreciated the warmth and kindness from our lovely hosts and not forgetting Ozzie the dog! A great themed walking weekend which we would recommend to walkers with some experience of hill walking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We run the sort of guesthouse that we would want to stay at. That's why we cook good simple food, buy locally and have our own microbrewery. We are relaxed, un-stuffy and welcome dogs. A great place for walking, mountain biking, sightseeing and, above all, relaxing. So, turn off the Blackberry and have a good time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Old Cider House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Cider House Hotel Nether Stowey
- The Old Cider House Nether Stowey, Somerset