“Great time at Stilts!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stilts Calatagan Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calatagan
Stilts Calatagan Beach Resort
You added Stilts Calatagan Beach Resort to your Saves list
Calatagan, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Calatagan
Manila, Philippines
“Great time at Stilts!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My team and I went to Stilts for an overnight team building exercise and upon checking in, we were greeted with cold drinks which was very refreshing. We were ushered to the Lipa and Iligan cottages, and getting there was absolutely breathtaking. The entire cottage was very clean, and free flowing drinking water, hot and cold was available. The beach area was well-maintained and clean (a plus factor when activities called for participants being barefoot), but what was exceptional was when they brought cold water to us even without us asking for it. Service was definitely world-class and would definitely go back if i need some personal quiet time.

Room Tip: Choose the one on stilts, as far away from the beach as possible to get a good breeze from the sea.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Came here with 3 other friends.

The resort itself is very clean, bright, colourful and has a few niche quotes which gave it that reflective time to ponder and rejuvenate.

The weather was dire, of course Stilts was not at fault of this, but the staff did go out of their way to ensure that we had an excellent experience.

It truly is a very good resort with great hospitality. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Mandaragat boat for PHP1000/hr to go for snorkling if u really wanna see the clear sea water. For those doesnt swim or cant swim, lifevest is provided and u will also be accompanied by the hotel's life guard to ensure patron safety.

Binalot dishes are all yummy.

Cultural show was nice, with audience participation was fun! Try to join the traditional tinikling dance group. U will see most of the performers are guest services as well, i think it was awesome!

• Stayed September 2012
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here with my team last august 18, just a quick getaway from Manila and to get the load off from work of course!

We are in a cottage called 'Palawan' and we are a group of 6. In the previous communication I had with Sol is that the room is good for 6 to 7 people but we were shocked that 3 elephants could fit there. I mean the cottage is really big it could house 15 people in my opinion. There is one toilet, one shower room and one suite bathroom. A master bedroom, a guest room and a room upstairs that could easily fit 8 pax. And yes its very clean! Very clean! Although I would want the mattresses too be softer or more back friendly.

What really awed me is the view when you wake up in the morning. The sunrise and sunset is available in our room. Best. Thing. Ever!

Food there was really fresh especially the vegetables, we ended up being vegitarians lol. It is really affordable! Knowing that it is a really private getaway. A meal there would cost you USD 7.00 or thats 300-350 php. And whats the next best thing? The customer service! They have people everywhere and they are all vert polite and helpful.

The only con I can think of for this one is the location, ironic isn't it? Because you really need to have a car in order for you to go here, taking public transportation will be a huge mistake!

The other facilities they have are kayaking, beach volleyball, they have an indoor swimming pool, you can go snorkel there if you want to.

Really nice place! 4 STARS!

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My fiance' & I decided to have a vacay near manila. Months before our much awaited vacation, we were having hard time searching for a resort. Until Stilts came into the picture. We are lucky enough to have a reservation in stilts for 3d2n. We love to explore so we went to batangas by bus. The best bus station for calatagan if u might ask is in pasay (batman express) then u can ride a tricycle heading to the resort.
Upon arrival, the staff was kind enough to accomodate us even if we came 2 hours earlier than our check in time. all of their staff was polite & courteous. Some of them also sing for entertainment at night. They harana us while we're having our dinner.
We stayed in Davao room. This room is good for couples only. The room is clean, but i would suggest they should put a walis in the room as the sand was all over the place after a walk. Or they should have a room service where they clean the room or at least sweap the floor in the morning for sand. The hut is on the beach side, with AC but no wifi in the room.
The food is great, but kinda pricey. our favorite was the pork binaggoongan & it is binalot with super asim n mangga
, salted egg & the yummy rice.

This place is a heaven on earth. It has a pink sunset & a very relaxing ambiance. Perfect for a quiet & serene vacay. If you love to party, this is not a place for you as they don't have night life in here.

I would definitely reccomend Stilts Calatagan Beach Resort for a perfect getaway. We love it! And i forgot to mention, they give you free veggies from their garden upon check out :)

• Stayed July 2012
quezon city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

While searching for resorts in Batangas for a quick getaway I accidentally clicked on the Stilts website and was intrigued about the place. It was unique for resorts located in Batangas, and resorts like these usually would need a plane and boat ride to get to it. I read reviews and other blogs which gave me mixed feelings since others say it's terrible while others enjoyed their stay. I had doubts but I ended up having my reservation confirmed and before I knew it, me and my sister were on our way to Stilts. There's no turning back.

While driving there, we watched out for signs and arrows (there were only 2!) but these signs never popped up until we were only around 2 kms away from the resort. I think it was good strategy to maintain the exclusivity of the resort and keep nosy walk-ins from appearing and disturbing the privacy of the guests.

The signs read : "Stilts Private Residences, By invitation only." It gave me a feeling of prestige reading that sign and jokingly said to my sister, "imbitado ka? ako imbitado."

Turning right after the second sign, a guard stopped our car and asked for our reservation and quickly reviewed it and welcomed us. We happily drove to the main gate where some guards told us to drive further, making oooohs and aaaaahs before ending up in a parking space where the lobby was located. We were welcomed by a funny security personnel saying "wow and gaganda parang artista" which really made me smile. Take note that this is the third security area that we have passed before reaching the lobby. The fact that there are securities located even before you reached the lobby was also a treat by itself since it gives a feeling of security.

Check in was fast and one staff told us to follow him and told me we can bring the car beside our cottage. That was really cool since I have separation anxiety with my car. They gave us a welcome drink too which is a real treat since we were tired from the long drive and expectations.

The cottage's name was Zamboanga. It was the furthest beach house (we did not stay on the Stilt houses). Lo and behold, the room was cozy and cute. I am very picky with bathrooms whenever we travel so this time, I headed directly to the bath and toilet and it satisfied my expectations. It is complete with shampoo, shower gel, liquid hand soaps and towels. Everything is spotless and white. They use Human Nature products which I use back home. :)

We swam at the pool since it was low tide and I saw sea urchins sticking into a rock (a sign of clean and clear water). Dinner time came, we ordered seafood paella and turon (yummy) which was brought to our cottage by two nice and funny dining staffs. They cleaned it up after an hour or two and we didn't even have to call them. :)

Nothing much to do at night so we slept early. I woke up around 3am and decided to see how dark it was outside. I saw stars! Even the faintest one can be seen by the naked eye. I can swear I kind of saw a bit of the universe that time. I know I'm weird but these are things we do not normally see when you live in the city.

We woke up to the sight of sea right in front of our cottage. Breakfast was okay. We ordered champorado, and by champorado, I mean CHAMPORADO. It's a hearty serving. We also ordered french toast and have to take it out because our bellies are full to capacity.

We tried taking photos of the stilt houses but the beach is calling to us so we hurriedly went back to our cottage to change and we explored the beach. We saw baby fishes and bigger versions of them, a school of fish, snails, hermit crabs, crabs who annoyingly run in front of you and eventually disappear into sand holes, and a fish (could be a mudskipper?) which we called Jesus Christ since it practically skipped above water into the sand. I would suggest to those who are adventurous enough to go scuba or snorkeling to see the real wonders under the sea. Water is really clear but you have to go down to get up close and personal.

Unfortunately, we have to go back home that day so we checked out around 11 since it is really a long drive home. It was sad to go home since we could have enjoyed it a day more. We really would want to go back to this place.

Let's get techinical.

Service is superb! Crew/Staff/Security and Personnel are nice and courteous and would not annoy you.
Value is reasonable (both food and rooms)
Cleanliness - crisp and clean, spotless bathrooms.
Location - perfect for privacy, really exclusive.
Rooms - When they say for two, it really is for two, so those who would bring a family or group, i suggest you get family cottages rather than squeeze yourselves together.

Room Tip: Rooms - When they say for two, it really is for two, so those who would bring a family or group, i s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
metro manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is worth the trip. My family and I went to Stilts three times (3x) in a span of 9 months. The first two were ocular inspections while the last one was the very memorable for us... This is because, we chose Stilts Calatagan Beach Resort to be our wedding venue for both the ceremony and the reception.

The first visit was around November. We were overwhelmed when we saw the resort for the first time. It is better seen personally than that of the pictures posted at various internet sites / blogs. Their Makati office were very much accommodating. I only texted them that we will be doing ocular inspection on that day. For a short notice, they gave their go-signal even without the needed paperworks (Ocular Inspection Form). The resort manager was there to help us, tour us and answer all our questions. We left the venue with a smile.

The second visit was around December. We went there actually to have a road trip. We had some relatives who arrived from Cebu and we decided to go to the venue for sight-seeing. As usual, we were awed by the view especially the sunset. One thing we noticed during the second visit is that we were served with welcome drinks. The staff greeted us with a smile and helped us "tour" the resort. These relatives were very much excited that they can't wait to return to Manila to attend my wedding.

The third visit was the wedding day itself (June 18). The staff was very accommodating, as usual. They were there to assist us. There were some miscommunications from their Makati Office and the resort, but these were sorted out immediately. They followed our requests like the sand castle, the position of the stage, the sulus/wooden torches, the flag were changed to our motif colors and many more.

Our stay here was very much relaxing. I didn't hear any complaints from our guests/friends/family with regard to the cottages and the like. The staff even took time to setup a romantic breakfast for us.

My wife (Tin) was very happy that we had our wedding in this Paradise. Almost all our family and friends, if not all, enjoyed their stay at the resort - may it be day tour or overnight stay. I even saw their Facebook profile pictures changed using any part of the resort as backdrop.

One problem encountered, though, is that the family of one of my Ninangs (God-mothers) had their lunch at the restaurant. She said that it took some time before the food was served.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ms. Sol Rubias, Ms. Nancy Deang and Mr. Junior Panganiban for helping us in making our dream wedding possible. I even had many email exchanges from Ms. Sol and Ms. Nancy just to make sure that everything is ok. Mr. Panganiban even texted/called me frequently to update me of the weather in Calatagan. (This is because on June 18, the weather here in Mega Manila was bad. It was raining hard and there were news of classes and office suspensions). Thank you also to the staff. You were great!

We are definitely looking forward on to our next visit at this resort, hopefully on our 1st Wedding Anniversary. (I hope they could give us discount for our next stay. Better yet if they could give us complimentary stay... hehehe... ;-) )

Room Tip: If you have extra money, choose the floating cottages. Each floating cottages have direct access to...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Stilts Calatagan Beach Resort? Share your experiences!