“First timers!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: "The Stackyard Pub is set in the village of West Herrington we offer Home cooked food, a Weekly changing specials board, Real Ale and a wide selection of drinks. The Beer garden is to the rear of the pub through the conservatory. There is car parking either side of the pub with a side entrance to the garden also. Offering views of Herrington country park and Penshaw Monument. Dogs are welcome in designated areas & treats available.
“First timers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

First time we had visited the stackyard for our lunch on thursday lunch time, as soon as we walked in we were greated with a warm welcome and given menus and told about the specials board. We decided to go for hot beef and gravy ciabattas with chips. The food was lovely and with 'proper' chips. We will be visiting the stacktard again as the menu has plenty of food we wanted to try. With friendly staff and good food, what more could you ask for? :)

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Good food Good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My second visit to the restaurant, dined there for lunch with family, we three each ordered a different meal. The food was beautifully presented and we all agreed it was delicious. I rather fancied the paella which has to be ordered a day in advance and for a minimum of two person I shall definitely have this on my next visit which will be soon

South Shields, United Kingdom
“Spring Clean overdue!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My first visit but not a great first impression. Was a lovely sunny (early) evening but when I went out to the beer garden the furniture was dirty and the area looked very neglected. I know we have had a long spell of rotton weather but in the lead up to a bank holiday weekend I'd have thought some attention could have been paid to this area. On the plus side, the food was good - there was a group of us and we all had something different, no complaints there. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I often lunch here with the girls or family and the food is delicious and good value for money. Not pre frozen and tasteless but fresh and tasty,chicken Kiev or surf & turf are my favourites but the hubby favours the fish and chips. Sunday lunch is also top notch .

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
sunderlland
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have been a few times now recently and will definitely be going back, it is fast becoming one of my favourites. Loved the tapas menu and have also eaten from the main menu. Never any complaints with anyone I have been eating with.They also do monthly theme nights, Greek is next... definitiley booking for that!

• Visited April 2013