“All Day for One Hour of Diving” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 19 things to do in Luganville
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking for those small extras to make your holiday more enjoyable and memorable?You can experience the thrill of the Coolidge & Million Dollar Point with us but most people don’t realize that Santo also has some spectacular Reef dives.We use boats to access all dive sites which means we can take you to fantastic places not used by other dive operators.Our motto is that you don’t go home with half the memories you should have. Santo is an Island of magic with many more great dives than just the Coolidge.We offer flexible individual, service in order to match the dives to your desires and abilities.We have 3 SSI instructors and fully qualified dive guides/ master’s on each trip so you don’t feel lost in a crowd.Pick-up and drop-off services to your accommodation in the CBD area.Tropical lunch during your surface interval on a amazing white sand beach sounded by the ni-vanuatu locals.Diving with Santo Island Dive is a diving experience not a bumpy bus ride. No walking from the shore carrying heavy gear, no wasted air getting from the shore to the dive site.We can make it happen for you, Diving the way it should be!!
Creede, Colorado
56 attraction reviews
“All Day for One Hour of Diving”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I cancelled my dives with this shop after one day and I would not book with them again. I originally chose them because they are the only shop with a dive boat and were willing to dive million dollar point. I mistakenly thought having a boat would be better when diving the Coolidge.

I arrived at the shop at 8am. They had said to arrive between 8-8:30 am. It is more of a house then shop but no big deal. We all loaded up in a large truck and drove to the wharf about 5 minutes away. They dropped us and the gear off and headed off to pick up more passengers. We sat on the wharf and waited and waited and waited. When they finally showed back up with one other diver we loaded the boat (an inflatable dingy with very little room for gear and people) and headed off. NO, not to the dive site but to an island way across the bay. Fighting through the chop and waves we made our way across the bay. Upon arrival we met other divers who were waiting. The crew had to get organized and set up everyones gear again. We just sat and waited and waited and waited.

After that we fought our way against the chop back across the bay on the inflatable dingy and then to the dive site. We finally hit the water at 10:30, 2.5 hours after starting our journey. Short dive of 35 minutes and then we started the process all over again. Fight our way across the bay to the island for lunch. They had a nice spread of sandwiches and fruit. After eating and an ample surface time, we loaded up to leave but the boat captain had headed off to the village to play. So we waited and waited and waited. (I’m sure you get the theme by now)

After waiting, we fought our way across the bay again through the chop to the dive site. 40-minute dive and we did it all over again. Back across the bay to the island. Offload the last divers and then sit while they discussed gear. When it was time to leave there was no captain and one of the DM was missing. We waited and waited and waited. I finally walked up to the resort and found them sitting at a lunch table talking with some other customers. Finally we left and yes you guessed it we fought our way across the bay again to arrive at the wharf where we waited and waited and waited for the truck from the shop. We then loaded up and drove to another resort before retuning to the shop.

Final score six (6) hours of time for a little more than one (1) hour of dive time on dive sites that were right off shore less than 10 minutes from the shop. I was charged over $100 US for the two dives that day.

Visited October 2013

Sydney, Australia
15 attraction reviews
“Awesome diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Had a great time diving with the guys from Santo Island Dive. I was well looked after, hired gear was fine and Mal is helpful and easy going (as with all his staff).

Christchurch, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
“4 Dives ... Each One Got Better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I chose Santo Island DIving because I like the idea of diving from a boat, not just swimming from shore. I researched the different dive companies and Santo Island DIving seemed like the best. I dove with my twins (13 y/o boy and girl). We enjoyed our day of diving on the SS Coolidge wreck so much that we booked another 2 dives. One to the SS Tucker, and the other was a reef dive. The SS Coolidge was fantastic, we saw so many artefacts (guns, shoes, bullets, medicine bottles, fuel storage tanks from planes) we also saw heaps of fish. The diving guides were fantastic and professional, I felt safe for myself and children. The guides check on you all the time, check your air and if you are OK. The guides were locals and come from Vanuatu and were able to give us some insight to living there. We rented their equipment, which was fine and the owner said he is updating with new stuff. I have dived all over the World and this would be the top experience. The SS Tucker is also worth it, not as deep so better light for video and pictures. We saw stingray, puffer fish, old tanks so many different kinds of fish on this dive. I did a video of my trip on YouTube "Diving in Vanuatu 1080 HD" by Max Anchorman if you want to see what it is like. If you do the two dives, the provide a simple lunch (baguette with curry egg salad) while you have a break (surface interval) on a beach by Million Dollar point. You can snorkel there if you want as well. They were able to pick us up from our hotel (Ratu Private Island) which was nice as well. The last dive we did was the reef, which was basically a wall with lots of different coral and fish. It was cool because they drop you off and the current basically takes you for a ride and you watch the scenery go by. Bring towel, water and sunscreen and you should be all set.

Visited July 2013
Adelaide, Australia
9 attraction reviews
“This is the only company to dive the Coolidge with.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

After much research we dived with Mal and his team in October last year. We said we would be back, and we did.

Very professional operation with highly competent guides, very friendly and helpful making every dive a breeze. It doesn't matter if you are a novice or very experienced, they will make sure every dive is completed safely yet with a wow factor. Did 12 dives from relaxed 30m to the stern at 68m. All of them were fantastic. Novices were well catered for with one on one if needed. All the equipment I saw was in good condition and I didn't hear any complaints. Simmo is a great and attentive guide and was allocated to us for 6 days. Safety stops are very conservative, at least double my computer. Staging air was supplied when needed.

All dives (apart from million $ point ) are boat dives, just roll in right on top of the dive site, use all your air for the awesome diving, not swimming to and from the wreck.

Picked up and dropped off every day, lunch and easy stress free diving. What more do you need?

We will be back. Again.

Thanks everyone for another great trip.

John W

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“A great operation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had the pleasure of diving with the crew from Santo Island Dive for 5 days. Had a great time. The crew are happy and friendly, which always makes everything easier.
The crews safety precautions were first rate, always important with wreck and deep dives. Safety stops are always well timed and well in excess of what my dive computer was saying was needed.
The SS Coolidge is amazing, and the crews knowledge of the wreck is excellent. The reef and Million Dollar Point are heaps of fun.
Big plus, all dives are boat dives, makes accessing the Coolidge much easier (apart from Million Dollar Point, where a boat would be a waste, as it is all just off shore).
Mal and the crew were a great help when I had a problem with some of my gear. Sorting out a spare set with no problems.
Highlight - Dave's guided tour to "the Lady" and the swim back though the wreck, tight in a few places (I'm a big guy) but awesome.
Guys many thanks until next time, I will be heading back for more.