“Excellent view” 3 of 5 stars

+34 951778797
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
El Gran Gatsby is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 48 restaurants in Puerto Banus
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Zurich
“Excellent view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Was there for a friends birthday. We were a group of 30. We had a set menu. The starter which was fish and prawn was excellent. The steak was ok, a little less salt, But the best thing is the view.

Suggest going for a drink or to the club. Excellent location at the port

• Visited August 2012

65% Recommend
“Thirsty work !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I never went into this restaurant thirsty but after waiting 40 minutes for sumone to even acknowledge me I guarantee you I left thirsty !
It's a beautiful setting but staff are not focused, food is abit hit and miss and the drinks are average and arrive too long after ordering them.
This could be a real winner but there is lack of due care and attention not only with the service but the food also.
A big disappointment for us.

london
“Returning with trepidation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have been 6 times since it opened and love the place and the food. We have had a couple of issues with forgotten bookings and menu limitations at Xmas but sensing when things might go awry I speak to the head man available and get his personal assurance that everything is under control.
I have been to Magna once as a guest of my friend who lives nearby. He is a big fan. I found it nice but not special. One valley view is as unchanging as the next. My pal dislikes Gatsby with a passion for reasons similar to other reviewers.
We are going again Friday so your reviews are a timely reminder to be vigilant. I have worked and holidayed in the area for 30 years and this is currently my favourite place to eat because of the food and setting. If you were offered a stay at Fawlty Towers wouldn't you tolerate Basil because of where you were?

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marbella, Spain
“Diabolical and chaotic service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We to are regulars of Magna Cafe and dined here from the reputation of this restaurant. It all started to go wrong when we entered. They couldnt find our reservation. They then found it. As we were a little early we suggested we would sit on the sofas outside and have a drink first and they would then call us to our table. Drinks arrived. The view and ambience it has to be said is stunning. As no one called us to our table we enquired. They couldnt find our table and argued between themselves where we should go. Finally seated, stale bread rolls were supplied. For a €4 cover charge I would have expected either butter or oil and Balsamic, but none was supplied until we asked.Starters arrived but they werent ours. They arrived again, but they werent ours. They arrived again and two were wrong. When they all arrived the prawns went back, they were black and raw!! My friend for his main went for Spetzini, same as what they do in Magna. He was disappointed with it. My other friend had Scallops, tatsteless!! I have to say that my Suckling Pig was delicious though. We didnt have deserts but went back to the terrace for drinks. We complained about the prawns at our table and one main. They did not quibble when the bill came and it had automatically been taken off. The waitress actually agreed that the service here is poor and that they use diferrent Spaghetti to Magana.Final bill for four was €276. Comparable to Magna but way way below service and quality of food. The toilets were in a disgusting state as well. Overflowing bins, water or other on the floor. In my view, go for drinks then get out and go elswhere. I would give this place a year before it either closes or is closed down. The one star I have given for the ambience and view. Shame on you Magna, I will make it known to you when I visit you as a continued regular.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“sadly only average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

you are paying a premium price for the location and i felt that the management know it. The food whilst well prepared lacked any whow factor for the prices we were paying.Service not that good either!However having dined at magna cafe on a couple of occasions i feel that El grand gatsby will be right on the money in the not too distant future

• Visited July 2012