“Best lobster in Puerto Rico” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Naguabo
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Best lobster I have ever had! Amazing restaurant near the ocean. I had Garlic Lobster (unbelievable!), and those I dined with had lobster salads as well as conch. They also had a fresh fruit punch that was very good. Hard to find online - only found it on a competitive travel site :) referred to in a B&B review.
Puerto Rico
“Best lobster in Puerto Rico”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Mako is the typicall seaside restaurant in Puerto Rico, but has a special quality, lobsters. Yes if you whant to eat the best fresh lobsters in the island this is the place. On weekends is always full , once you get inside the smell of seafood gets in your brain. They cooked the lobster in many different ways. If you have appetite ask for lobster " a lo Mako" , this is the lobster filled with octopus, conch and shrimps this with fried plantains ( tostones) a salad. It's my favorite place for eating fresh lobster in a relax seaside restaurant. The lobsters come from Puerto Rico seas, he has fisherman specially fishing lobsters and fishes for the Restaurant. If you decide to go asked for "Rosa" she will serve you with care.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Great view, good food & good beer (Old Harbor) -if you ask for it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Actually I forgot what type of seafood we ordered that evening, but it was tasty & plentiful (we had leftovers). The restaurant is on the 2nd floor, right on the water, so the view is nice. We sat out on the balcony.
For some reason Puerto Rico only seems to have weak yellow beers (Coors, Medallia, Corona, etc). This was the first place on our trip that served Old Harbor, a San Juan made microbrew that is pretty decent. We had stouts.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Fresh seafood, great mojitos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I liked the mofongo stuffed with mero (grouper) so much that I ordered it two days in a row! And they have this hot salsa, Guau Guau, that adds even more flavor to an already delicious food. Service was a bit slow, even when there was not a lot of customers, but staff was generally courteous; we had a nice, short conversation with one of the waitresses there. We really loved it in here and will definitively go back.

Visited March 2013
Portland, Maine
“Not a good familiy experience - slow and disorganized”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Visited this restaurant with 2 kids, one of them 4 - one of them 2 years old. Took 30 min till the drinks were served, another 30min till the milk for my kids came. 20 min after ordering we were informed that basic items (rice & beans) were out. Fish was actually good (but overdone), but served with cold side dish...still wondering if the one person who served the food is also the person who cooks - would explain a lot.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Short of staff, disorganized and lack of attention”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

There is no host. I had to wait for a family to finish there meal so I could grab the table. The was no host and I had to ask for a waitress cause no one came to our table for 10 minutes. I order breaded shrimp and 15 minutes later they told me they were out of shrimp. Seafood was not fresh. I work in this industry since 2001

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere