“Great Food, Great Wine and Great Dessert” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 14 Restaurants in Coldstream
Cuisines: French, Australian, Winery
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Rochford Wines is proud to offer a total Yarra Valley Food, Wine, Arts and Entertainment experience. A Stunning Vineyard, Restaurant/Cafe, Cellar Door, Concert, Wedding & Corporate Event Venue.At Rochford Wines we offer our guests an opportunity to sample award-winning wines complimentary at our cellar door, enjoy a meal in our restaurant or café, appreciate the landscape by looking out over the estate from the observation tower and take in a bit of culture with a stroll through the art gallery.Our beautifully designed, contemporary facility also functions as a special events venue for birthday and anniversary celebrations, weddings, corporate functions, car club displays, drive days, coach tours and more.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great Food, Great Wine and Great Dessert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stopped by Rochford Wines and Restaurants during our tour of the Yarra Valley. The restaurant has some great ambience with lot of rich wood work. There is open seating as well closed seating. Tables are very well laid for a proper 4 course meal. Our first course were "grazers"...basically and assorted platter of different types of cheese, mushrooms, brochiolli and other boiled / grilled vegetables. Bread was very nice. Had a beet root risotto. Very large helping . Could not finish it all but was very tasty. Finally had nut-pie for desert...perhaps the best dessert I have eaten in Australia so far.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochford W, Public Relations Manager at Rochford Wines Restaurant & Cafe, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thanks for your feedback! It's always nice to hear when someone really loves the venue we are so proud of!

I also love the beetroot risotto - the persian fetta is delicious!

Hope to have you back soon

Durban, South Africa
“Very tasty meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I enjoyed my lunch here, the food was good - especially the salmon salad - and the service wasn't bad. I would return again :)

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochford W, Social Media Manager at Rochford Wines Restaurant & Cafe, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Your review is greatly appreciated and we'd love to see you return any time you can.

Yours sincerely,

Social Media @
Rochford Wines
victoria
“Nice food, terrible service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Whilst on a Gourmet Food and Wine Tour, we stopped at Rochford Winery for lunch. Prior to the tour, I had requested a gluten free meal, and confirmed that there would definitely be one provided. When the meal was served, the entree, main and dessert were all presented on the one platter/plate. My meal was delivered by a casually dressed man (apparently the owner of the establishment, I found out later). When I questioned whether the cake was gluten free on my plate, he clearly said “NO, it’s not.” I told him I couldn’t have a meal served like that if the cake had gluten because the crumbs could easily contaminate my meal. He grabbed the plate, and stormed off. A few minutes later, he slammed the plate down in front of me, and said aggressively, “It’s all gluten free, even the bloody crumbs!’ and then stormed off again.
I couldn’t believe that he behaved so appallingly. I even asked my friend if I had heard him correctly, and she confirmed that I had. As a coeliac, who prefers not to eat out these days, through fear of being violently ill if I am served a contaminated meal, I felt humiliated in front of the other people on the tour. I don’t know why a person with such disregard for customer satisfaction, could be the face of the winery. What standard does he set for the staff that work under him? I have a genuine health issue, and am not on some fad diet!
My experience at Rochford Winery was extremely unpleasant, and ruined the rest of my tour.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochford Y, Owner at Rochford Wines Restaurant & Cafe, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
To traveldog40,

I am sincerely sorry that i offended you in any way.

Rochford Wines does take differing dietary requirements very seriously. I regret that i didn't do a lot more to express this in your case and make you feel more comfortable. Given the time again i would do things differently. We are proud to have Gluten/Dairy free and Vegetarian menu options to cater for as many people as possible.

By no means is it an excuse nor justification for behavior but even though you mention in your comments about informing the tour group prior, Rochford had not been correctly informed about your condition.

I offer my sincere apologies.

Regards,
Helmut
Owner - Rochford Wines
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointing Lunch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I took my Wife for Sunday lunch to Rochford what a disappointment ,Noise,Expensive,Food terrible,Bad Service, and no Atmosphere keep away from this place

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rochford W, Public Relations Manager at Rochford Wines Restaurant & Cafe, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I am deeply concerned about your experience with us.

We welcome feedback and are always looking at ways to improve the service offering for our customers.

We would like to know a few more of the specifics of your experience so we can put systems in place to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Your comments are important and it would be greatly appreciated if you could contact us on 03 5962 2119 to discuss further.

Warm Regards,
Brisbane, Australia
“Be Forewarned!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Extremely disappointing. My husband took me to Rochford for Mother's Day lunch. At $85 per person ( the most expensive in the Yarra Valley!), I expected something decent and was let down on everything from food quality to service. The food was pub quality, the wine overpriced, and the wait staff uncaring and unattentive. Standing in line to pay after our meal, we overheard two other families complaining of the same service and meals only to be shrugged off by the manager who was just as uncaring and unattentive as his staff!!!

Don't waste your time or money at Rochfools when there are so many other brilliant wines and food nearby. Thanks to the folks at Chandon and Yering Station, we will be back to Yarra Valley but never again to Rochford.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
I am deeply concerned about your experience with us.

Warm Regards,