Our stay at Popa was excellent! From the moment you are picked up on the main island, to the time you leave the dock to go back, was magical.
We were upgraded to the junior suites from the casita's , which were excellent. The rooms are big, and airy. We were with another couple so having the big porch area was great. The view was incredible. We would have happy hour there before dinner. The staff was always kind enough to bring us a bottle of wine on ice for happy hour, we didn't even have to ask, they overheard us talking about it.
The staff was excellent, friendly, helpful, going out of their way to make us happy. The pool is the center of everything, a great place to hang out and relax. Swim up bar had premium drinks and fun ones too. Towels were always out by the pool, contrary to a previous post. If they weren't, whenever someone came to the pool one of the staff was right there to hand them a towel. Dylan, is an excellent manager in every detail. Darian, We LOVE Darian, he is part of the whole experience. He is a great cook and entertainer. Ty, super nice and makes excellent drinks. Give him a flavor and he will make a drink out of it.
The grounds are wonderful, if you understand how fast the jungle will take back the grounds then you can appreciate all the hard work that goes on there. We walked to beach #3, nice short walk, nice beach. We couldn't do the jungle stumble because of too much rain they had.
The Beach party they threw one night was a highlight! From the NEW lights that Texas put up to the fire show.
My only mild complaint, if you can call it one, is the beach area. The sports equipment was lacking a bit. We could only find 2 paddles for the kayaks. One short and one long. So all four of us couldn't go out together. The party raft had sprung a leak the week before and it was in the process of getting fixed.
We chose not to do the all day sailboat excursion with snorkeling, we decided instead to do a half day with one of the local workers. He took us over to Zapatera for snorkeling and then we walked around the island. The hotel made us sandwiches before we left. It was a half day trip so we could come back and float in the pool. We had such a short time there, 3 nights was not enough.
Something to bring-- itch cream. The bugs on the beach are bad at night, we all had bug spray on, but were still covered with bites. On day three of itching I finally took a benedryl and the bites/itching went away. You CANNOT miss the beach party so put on bug spray and put on the benedryl if you need it.
- Also Known As:
- Popa Paradise Beach Hotel Isla Popa
- Popa Paradise Beach Hotel
- Popa Paradise Beach Isla
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Popa Paradise Beach Resort is located on a stunning island called Isla Popa in the Bocas del Toro archipelago. off the Panamanian coast in the Caribbean Sea. We are located about 30 minutes away from Bocas del Toro by boat. Stay with us for an unforgettable vacation where you can relax, snorkel in beautiful clear water and visit the amazing outer islands. Our chef Darion creates a spectacular, tasty, unique and healthy menu and can cater to vegetarians and vegans which is all included in our all inclusive rate. We have a large range of activities and excursions from diving, fishing, zip lines to the spectacular Zapatilla islands marine park or simply relax by our swimming pool and enjoy a Popa Paradise cocktail at our swim up bar, enjoy a massage on the spa or take a walk on one of our stunning beaches. Our new beach bar and restaurant "Rosie's" is great for cool drinks on the beach all day and at night beach BBQs, bonfires, live music and fire dancing under the stars. Our dedicated team of professionals will take care of your every need and ensure you have a memorable stay at our boutique resort. We look forward to meeting you at Popa Paradise - barefoot luxury in paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and T4B so you can book your Popa Paradise Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.