“A wonderful welcome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mourne Wood B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rostrevor
Mourne Wood B & B
You added Mourne Wood B & B to your Saves list
19 Mourne Wood | Kilbroney Road, Rostrevor BT34 3GG, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Rostrevor B&B and Inns
Dublin
“A wonderful welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at mourne wood because my family were camping at the fabulous kilbroney camping park. I booked a single room which was a delightful spacious most comfortable double bed, plush robes, tea coffee making facilities and mineral water in room. The host is extremley pleasant and welcoming and not only was she totally knowledgeable of the local area she was warm, funny and charming. And that does not even mention the outstanding breakfast with a stunning fruit salad and an excellent choice of luxury healthy choices and the traditional and beautifully cooked breakfast. My fellow guests were both competing in the recent mourne ultra marathon one of whom was the winner and i know this b&b would suit the outdoor/sporty types who would adore the spectacular region, as well as the older guest looking for a peaceful and relaxing base to explore. The b&b is a 10 walk into both the centre if rostrevor and kilbroney forest park. I would highly recommend staying in mourne wood in this very beautiful part of county down.

• Stayed June 2013
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and I very much look forward to welcoming you back again... I really appreciate you having taken the time and trouble to post a review and for being so complimentary and also to have taken the trouble to post my key back. ( It arrived safely thank you very much)
Hopefully we'll see you again soon

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed at Mourne Wood for two nights recently and absolutely loved it. Siobhan is a wonderful hostess and nothing was too much trouble. Being Coeliac, it was a lovely surprise to find yummy gluten free ginger cake on the hospitality tray in my room! Had a great night's sleep in a lovely comfortable bed with feather duvet and pillows. How nice to wake up in the morning and see the beautiful view of the woods from my room. Thank you so much for everything Siobhan. I will certainly return!

Room Tip: do consider staying in Mourne Wood if you are visiting the area. You won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to post a review. I'm glad that you found the bed comfortable and I should have mentioned that we also have hypo allergenic bedding available as well.
I have also discovered that my local butcher makes his own gluten free sausages so hopefully you will return and can try them on your next visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
northern ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Wanted to enjoy an activity weekend but with some or all of the home comforts
and certainly acheived all we set out to do.Trail Bikeing/Hikeing and the obligatory
Pub Culture. Best nights sleep in ages in comfy beds.Breakfast to die for and welcome
second to none.
Will definately be back and would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a good night's sleep after your busy day, (must have been the linen sheets! )
You mentioned that you were an avid music fan so just wanted to let you know that The Blues on the Bay festival will be in nearby Warrenpoint from 24th -26th May.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, it is much appreciated.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We ended up in Mournewood after a last minute search for accomodation in the sleepy village of Rostrevor. We were there for a family get-together and how lucky we were! The location was perfect - lovely local views and a just short walk from the village centre.

Our host Siobhan was very welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was delicious - organic produce, eggs from her sisters farm and the scrummy fruit salad and seeded bread are both worth a special mention... as was the very unexpected but delicious fruit and nut cake Siobhan delivered to the room with tea just after we arrived.

A perfect stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
I'm very glad that you enjoyed our Mourne Wood breakfast and I hope that you get the opportunity to visit again soon.
You may also be interested to hear that my 86 year old Father has just started keeping hens. His eggs are the biggest and brownest that I have ever seen and it is good to know that we have an alternative/additional supply if ever my sisters's hens decide on a work to rule.
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Mourne Wood B&B is a hidden gem in a beautiful area of the North of Ireland. This is Irish hospitality at its finest and I would strongly recommend this B&B to anyone who wants to experience a relaxing break. Siobhan is a first class hostess who cooks the most amazing breakfasts and nothing is too much trouble. The bedrooms are beautifully decorated and have the most amazing views of the nearby glen and forest area,really beautiful scenery to wake up to. There is a great history attached to the area of which Siobhan is very knowledgeable. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Mourne Wood and left feeling very relaxed. I could not recommend this B&B highly enough; it is first class accommodation in a first class area. Definitely not one to miss.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our B&B. As a very new venture we rely very much on guest feedback. Its very encouraging to know that we are on the right track but there's always room for improvement.
During your stay you mentioned that you had an interest in old graveyards. As you know Mourne Wood B&B is very close to the ruins of the 5th century church of St Bronach and Kilbroney old graveyard.
Knotty Ash Cemetery and the Crag (1737) are also worth a visit and we look forward to seeing you again when you have more time to explore.
Donegal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here over the weekend as were were going to a wedding in nearby Warrenpoint, Siobhan was the most welcoming of hosts and kept us going for the two days with an brilliant fry up. The beds are nice and cosy, the cost was value for money and I would highly recommend staying here if you are in this beautiful area of Ireland! JB

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
mournewood, Owner at Mourne Wood B & B, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you so much for my first ever review. The new Rostrevor Mountain Bike trails that you were able to see from your bedroom window, are now opened and they are widely acknowledged as being "World Class".
As you and your friends are interested in mountain biking we would look forward to welcoming you back to Mourne Wood.
Siobhan

Been to Mourne Wood B & B? Share your experiences!