We had a lovely two week stay on Bandos Island. We stayed in a standard room which was clean and more than adequate for us, comfortable bed and although the room did look a little tired and in need of some decorating it was a comfortable stay.
The best thing about staying in the standard rooms is the location - the best parts of the beach are directly outside! You can find yourself a tiny little spot, cocooned away from everybody else which you cannot find anywhere else on the island! The snorkelling was very good and so was the dive centre.
We stayed all inclusive, the food was good, service a little slow at times. We did sometimes decide to eat lunch at Sundowners restaurant at lunchtime which was very nice and fairly priced. We also ate out at a couple of the restaurants of an evening (for a change from the all inclusive buffet) which were very nice, I think we paid around £150 for dinner with a bottle of wine.
The spa was lovely, we treated ourselves to a few treatments over the two week stay - I wouldn't say it is cheap but the experience was excellent especially the Reiki treatment and body massage!
The staff were friendly enough and the island is a great place to bring kids to - very child friendly compared to other islands we have visited.
We plan on returning with our toddler to spend Christmas and New Year as we enjoyed ourselves so much!
If you are looking for a quiet, child free zone then do not come to this resort as it is very popular with families with young children -I highly recommend this resort to families!
- Also Known As:
- Bandos Island Hotel Bandos
- Bandos Island Hotel
- Bandos Island Resort
- Bandos Island
- Bandos Maldives
- Bandos Island Resort Maldives
- Bandos Island Maldives
- Bandos Island Resort & Spa Maldives
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not wishing to rest on the laurels of our existing achievements, Bandos had in the past year undertaken a major refurbishment project with the intention of transforming ourselves into a hotel that is truly reflective of the times. Careful consideration however, was given at all times to ensure that the old-world refinement for which the island has a reputation remained uncompromised. Under the project, major facelifts have been given to the front desk, lobby areas, shops, restaurants and bars and have furthermore commissioned a new swimming pool and additional accommodation facilities all of which perfectly blend with the island’s tropical splendour and give visitors a taste of the Maldivian aesthetic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Bandos Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.