Had travelled to Bandos as part of a large group. Overall, the property was very good - great beach, good food and well maintained infrastructure. And as price points go, great value for money.
Beach: The beach is fabulous. I havent been elsewhere in the Maldives and so cant compare to other resorts in Maldives, but compared to most south east asian beach resorts, this one is right up there. Clean gorgeous water. The house reef is great for snorkelling and scuba diving, and the in house scuba diving set up is very good too.
Food: Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner were available at one restaurant and there were two other restaurants (one of which was on a pier jutting into the sea) and a pub/ bar where there was live music some nights. One night as we stood on the pier near the scuba diving center we saw rays as well as black-tip sharks swim by - an unbelievable experience!
We got a package where we were paying $45/head for lunch and dinner and that was great value for money!
Rooms: The rooms were basically cottages. While we got upgraded from basic to luxury rooms, both rooms were quite good. Nothing fancy but definitely well-maintained.
Facilities: A very good badminton court, though you have to pay to use it as well as pay for the badminton rackets. I dont think they quite informed us about the same until we handed it back and so was a bit of a shock - I didnt mind paying since the court was good and rackets were in working condition, but would have been better if they told us before we stared playing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not wishing to rest on the laurels of our existing achievements, Bandos had in the past year undertaken a major refurbishment project with the intention of transforming ourselves into a hotel that is truly reflective of the times. Careful consideration however, was given at all times to ensure that the old-world refinement for which the island has a reputation remained uncompromised. Under the project, major facelifts have been given to the front desk, lobby areas, shops, restaurants and bars and have furthermore commissioned a new swimming pool and additional accommodation facilities all of which perfectly blend with the island’s tropical splendour and give visitors a taste of the Maldivian aesthetic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Bandos Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bandos Island Hotel Bandos
- Bandos Maldives
- Bandos Island Resort Maldives
- Bandos Island Maldives
- Bandos Island Resort & Spa Maldives