“Great place for a family outing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Terres d'Amanar

You added Terres d'Amanar to your Saves list
Terres d'Amanar
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Marrakech direction ASNI / Moulay Brahim | After Tahanaout village, 2 km, left, groomed 3 km, Tahanaout 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Tahanaout B&B and Inns
Rabat, Morocco
“Great place for a family outing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We went to Terres dAmanar for a family outing with 4 kids. It was great fun for a very active weekend!
The two bedroom lodge we stayed in was very comfortable and clean. We had some issues with hot water and the safe but all were resolved promptly by the staff. It was very cold but the heating in the room was adequate and you could request extra heaters if needed.

The dinner buffet in the tent was really good, a wide selection of well cooked meals, including tagines and a few options for the kids. The breakfasts were slightly disappointing in variety but there was cold and hot options available and it was more than enough. The lunches down at the main restaurant were good with really fast service!

The activities were fantastic. We left our room after breakfast and did not return until 5:30 in the afternoon, there was a lot to do! The accro park was great and several staff were really good with the kids. Safety measures were good and the equipment is all in great shape. There is a good variety of activities for all ages and we could leave the kids in the play area under supervision of one of the staff whilst we did the zip lining.

The staff were all very helpful and polite!

I would highly recommend it for a few days and we will certainly be returning!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have many good things to say and only 1 bad. I heard of resort b/c of an article which mentioned that they have a great zip line activity. I wanted to do that b4 I left the country (was backpacking around for 1 month, partially w/a tour and also on my own). After some difficulty getting in touch w/them - there were several #'s - a hotel clerk in Marrakesh finally got the right number, I asked for a reservation in the least expensive room - a Berber tent. They also had high end bungalows. I was told that the tents weren't available b/c of the heat. I really wanted to go there, so I reserved a bungalow w/much trepidation - quite out of my price range, but figured okay, for one night, I'll splurge. There's a shuttle van for 50 dirhams to get there from the city and takes about 45 minutes. Easy to do once you find the supermarket pick up site. The driver for a bit extra even dropped me back at my hotel on my return. The resort is absolutely beautiful! The bungalow exceeded my expectations, beautiful living room - tho I didn't use it. I had a little flower garden w/a seating area outside my bedroom and the living room w/glass doors leading outside. The shower was a HUGE walk in and a great sink. The toilet was in a separate room. The bed was large and so comfortable and my window opened up overlooking the pool! The zipline was such fun! I tried rappelling and was so scared, but my guide was sooooo nice and took take of me. There's lots of fun activities for kids and definitely would recommend for families. I wound up taking pictures of a French couple zip lining w/my camera and the woman stayed to take pics of me doing it too. They then invited me to dine w/them for dinner and brekkie since I was on my own. Meals were absolutely filling, beautiful to look at and totally delicious. I really liked the desserts too.

What I didn't like was that I did ask to reserve the Berber tents, told no can do. However, when I got there, there were several French families staying in them. I inquired and was told that they just showed up on Tues (I was there Wed but reserved on the Saturday b4). Soooo? I doesn't make sense. Many of the bungalows weren't full anyway. I feel that it was bait and switch. Now, don't get me wrong, the room was beautiful and it was really nice to treat myself, but it was quite pricey for me. If you do stay in the tents, it's quite a bit away from the pool and the main area and the dining area too. You'll need a torch to find your way back. It's also shared shower/toilet. Regardless, it's a beautiful place and lots of fun. The pool is so refreshing and clean!

Room Tip: Stick to what type of room you want and don't give in.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

This place is located up on a small mountain and is surrounded by natural beauty. The activities make the difference. There are obstacle courses and zip lnes that are so much fun and a little scary. The food was great, the service was excellent. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Agadir, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

We have stayed at Terres d'Amanar with our kids and we have had a great time.
After the hectic life of Marrakesh medina, this is the perfect place to chill out.
The kids have plenty of activities to choose from (tyrolienne, fun outdoor games, horse carriage, bikes...), & a member of the staff may look after them if asked to. The adults discover the magical landscapes, the Berber villages and the fun of the tyrolienne. A perfect place to take a break within nature at its best.
We highly recommend this place !

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Casablanca, Morocco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Spent a nice week end in oct 10 with my husband and daughter 9 and 11. Girls were sooo happy to practice all accrobranche and tyrolienne activities but also large playground for all ages. they were a little disappointed as some actitivies like donkey ride or VTT were not available when there. Rooms are nicely decorated in berber style, really confortable. you can hear the silence at night. Food is good and tasty, restaurant has a stunning view and animation at night is very nice and friendly. staff are really welcoming , apparently all from surrounding villages. definetly going there for new years eve.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Terres d'Amanar? Share your experiences!