“The Hotel that likes to say YES !” 5 of 5 stars

HOTEL CAP MACABOU
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   PETIT MACABOU, Le Vauclin 97280, Martinique   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Le Vauclin
Benissa, Spain
“The Hotel that likes to say YES !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed just over 2 weeks here. From being collected from Marin by Celine 'yes, everything is possible' we had a wonderful stay.
The breakfast is superb and lovely ladies to look after you here.
We loved our room, bathroom and terrace. Again lovely girls looking after your room. Great AC, loved the huge shower head and water pressure. Loved all the wood they use around the place, in the rooms and all the decking.
Mostly had the gorgeous pool to ourselves. The other guests were out touring or kite surfing during the day.
A car was arranged for us and the hotel took us to collect and return the hire car. Car hire price as quoted no added extras.
Simon (Silvan), Tifini and Stefan looked after us in a friendly and professional manner in the bar and restaurant. We enjoyed everything that we ate here.
Thanks for a great stay !
Stayed Feb 2012 during Mardi Gras.

Room Tip: ground floor garden room with fridge and microwave and terrace
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We needed hotel only for one night before our flight, we book it because it was supposed to be like 15 km from the airport and we liked the idea of having the swimming pool. Well, 15 km was much much longer trip, but the pool was great;)
We had rooms with nice terrace and view on the beautiful garden. Rooms very simple but clean and comfy, but maybe to simple if you would spent a large part of your day inside (which IMHO with that garden outside and a pool would be a waste of time).
We had some problems on the beginning which were mostly caused by the fact that only a few people understood English, but after that it turned out the hotel was a good choice. We enjoyed good dinner, breakfast and lunch. I was specially magnified by the gardens beauty.
I would say it is a good choice for families or people who are looking for a quiet place far from city. I enjoyed my stay, even if so short.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Our stay in Hotel Cap Macabou was to end a great month long trip through the Caribbean. I booked several months in advance, and as time went on, I noticed several bad reviews on Trip Advisor. I filtered these reviews and prepared myself for the bad road, the bad food and the bad music. I splurged for the ocean view and figured we'd eat out and stay on the balcony. What we encountered, however, was truly shocking.

We arrived just after 3pm after being hit by a huge rain storm on the beach. When I approached reception, I was initially ignored by the person until an observer called her to pay attention to me. She told me to find someone at the bar... which I had to find myself. At the bar, someone told me I couldn't get the keys till 4pm and to ask the soaking wet, cold, kids to wait at the bar (and yes, the music is horrific). At 3:50pm the person with the keys showed up, but told us to wait until 4pm. When it was finally time, we had to wait in line behind everyone else.

I was handed my keys and the map, and confirmed that I had an ocean view. My husband went to check it out, came back and told me there was no view. I translated for my husband and was told again that there was a pool and ocean view. (A total lie to my face). When I confronted the reception again, I was told that it was a "panoramic view of the garden" and that I still had to pay the higher rate as there were no panoramic ocean views available. When I told her I prefer to downgrade to the garden view so that at least I was not paying for something that was not being offered, she told me it would be "problematic" because of the extra cot: the housekeeper being gone... blah blah blah.

Rather than waste any more of the last 2 days of my vacation and have the hungry kids howling on top of everything, I paid up and excepted the situation for what it is: clearly Hotel Cap Macabou views its guests as fools.

The room itself is tiny and the balcony lacks ambiant noise (because it is not near the ocean! ha ha ha) so you can hear your neighbours breathe. And since this hotel seems to cater to large family groups, you will be hearing a lot more than that into the wee hours. Luckily I brought ear plugs.

Let me share a few photos I took and you can judge for yourself:
The pool area: ALL the cushions were in disarray and moldy
The view: I guess the one perk is that the scenery changes depending who parks in front
The kids' beds (extra 50 euros per night for both): Really? Under the microwave!? The curtains to the right belong to the patio door which is totally blocked by the bed.

Room Tip: Good luck.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to HOTEL CAP MACABOU? Share your experiences!