Along with our cousins, my wife and I stayed at Coopershill for two nights. Upon arrival, the warm welcome from Simon O'Hara made us feel as if we had come home to our own family country house. This was the most-enjoyable accomodation of our 8 day visit to Ireland. Simon and his team attended to every detail and took the time to share some personal history of the home and the area. The meals were spectacular and the cocktails in front of the fire combined with the after-dinner cordial in the drawing room ended each day wtih a sense of total relaxation. Although other inns and "castles" were more lavish on our trip, we got a true country-house experience that only comes with gracious hospitality.
Upon returning home we were amused to read the other reviews on Coopershill. We would certainly NOT recommend this to twenty-somethings looking for a hot time ... but a great place for walks, seaweed baths, and exploring ancient architectural sites.
In every respect, this is a first-class country house experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent Georgian Mansion combines the spaciousness and elegance of an earlier age with the comfort and amenities of today. Most of the rooms have four poster or canopy beds, all rooms have private bathrooms. Candle-lit dinners, a wide choice of wines, open log fires and personal attention from the owners all help to create the atmosphere and hospitality that is special to Coopershill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Coopershill House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coopershill House Hotel Riverstown
- Coopershill Hotel Riverstown
- Coopershill House Ireland/Riverstown