We booked Coopershill for our group of family and friends as I was celebrating my 50th birthday this month and I have to say that we have just had the most perfect weekend imaginable at this glorious Country House!
The house itself is a magnificent building with 8 beautifully appointed guest bedrooms. Both the Drawing and Dining Rooms with their open fireplaces are warm and welcoming. Beautiful crystal and silverware adorn the table for the evening meals, and the smell of logs burning in the vast fireplace in the Drawing Room creates a cosy relaxed family atmosphere that is hard to beat.
The food is sublime and I had the best duck that I have ever tasted for dinner on Saturday evening. It was perfectly cooked, tender and flavoursome and beautifully set off with a ginger sauce. At first I have to say that I was a little unsure how well ginger would go with the duck and I hoped that it would not overpower the dish. On the contrary it was truly scrumptious!!!
Both afternoons we had homemade cakes and scones served with speciality tea and coffee and again I have to be honest and say that they were among the nicest cakes that I have ever had anywhere! Christina is a very talented chef and dinner in Coopershill is a real 4 star experience.
Simon and Christina, along with their excellent staff, make your stay so special from the moment you arrive at their humongous front door until you wave goodbye at the end of your stay. In between times everyone does their utmost to pander to your every whim. It is unlike anywhere else that I have ever stayed in the world and I can hardly wait to go back again soon!
For anyone thinking about having a private party for 12-16 people I have to say that spending a few days as the only guests at the house is a truly wonderful experience.
- Also Known As:
- Coopershill House Hotel Riverstown
- Coopershill House Hotel
- Coopershill Hotel Riverstown
- Coopershill House Ireland/Riverstown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent Georgian Mansion combines the spaciousness and elegance of an earlier age with the comfort and amenities of today. Most of the rooms have four poster or canopy beds, all rooms have private bathrooms. Candle-lit dinners, a wide choice of wines, open log fires and personal attention from the owners all help to create the atmosphere and hospitality that is special to Coopershill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Coopershill House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.