This was our first visit to Italy. It is - was on our bucket list. We made a decision to start in the countryside, travel and then visit Rome.
The Palazzo Catalani was perfect. The charming, historic town of Soriano nel Cimino could not have been any more welcoming or charming. It is a village nesteled on a hillside, with churches, a castle, great dining, wonderful walking, and in close proximity to other charming towns. The 8 a.m. alarms sounds loudly and from the past tradition of summoning workers to the fields, and then later, at dinner, home again. Church bells chime, birds sing, cats sit lazily in the sun, streets are dotted with shops and eateries.
And the Palazzo----so beautiful, comfortable, welcoming, and small enough that you joyfully visit with your fellow lodgers at the bar each evening.
We had a lovely suite - bed, kitchen, couch, closets, dining table and suitable bath (shower, no tub). The bed was so comfortable, the large, shuttered windows so welcoming to the sun and fresh air.
The air is the air conditioning. There was a TV and more but we never had the time or need to use them.
We drove to nearby and further places- Viterbo, Assi, Florence. Now we know there is a short rail that connects to the fast rail.
There is also a restaurant. It is marvelous. The chef is friendly and always present and will offer you a dish on or off the menu. One night when we were there he went out the front door to pick fresh herbs from the garden.
What a wonderful, beautiful. property. Bravo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palazzo Catalani is situated right in the medieval village of Soriano nel Cimino, and the building itself is a 17th century building once owned by an Italian nobleman.With its beauty and charm, history and culture, Italy has long been a popular holiday destination. It is here where you will find many wonders of nature, from snow-capped Alps to sunny Mediterranean beaches, as well as an abundance of historical treasures and sights. Don't forget to enjoy two of the things that Italy is best known for, food and wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Palazzo Catalani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Catalani Hotel Soriano Nel Cimino
- Sunterra At Palazzo Catalani Viterbo
- Palazzo Catalani Soriano Nel Cimino, Italy - Province Of Viterbo