“Thank you CDV for an experience that was truly meraviglioso!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Half and full day cooking classes, winery excursions, olive mill tastings, and sightseeing excursions through Lazio, Tuscany & Umbria year round. All days start and end right in Soriano nel Cimino's main piazza.
Saskatoon, Canada
“Thank you CDV for an experience that was truly meraviglioso!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I enjoy adventure and trying new things; when I came across the CDV website I wondered, is this for real? I can honestly say…YES! Very real and a most amazing vacation experience!!
The CDV crew was wonderful and made you feel right at home from the moment you met. Thank you to all of you, especially Rocky, Spartaco and Ian for making our adventures so entertaining! A group of special people and wholehearted laughter made every day pure enjoyment; I am happy to have new friends to share so many treasured memories with. I am still smiling at so many fun times and great memories. It is a beautiful experience to live in the moment and enjoy all that life has to offer; that is exactly what a week with CDV was for me.
The locations visited were spectacular; it was truly special to have visited places that are off the beaten path. Much appreciated to be able to enjoy a carefree vacation and not worry about details. Soriano feels like a home away from home.
Ciao Ciao Ciao! See you again.

Saskatoon, Canada
“Father/Daughter trip of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My dad (who is 65+ years old) and I (33 years old) just recently took a dream father-daughter trip with Culture Discovery Vacations (CDV) and through this company we created memories that will truly last a lifetime. The trip was perfect for us - well organized and carefully thought out, such that neither of us had to plan or deal with issues along the way (which is perfect for keeping father/daughter challenges in check). The dynamic that CDV creates is incredible; we were with a warm, friendly bunch of people that went out of their way to ensure that my dad was well-taken care of while I was off exploring different sites that he was unable to visit due to challenges with a knee injury. The guides went out of their way (thanks Rocky, Spartaco, and Ian) to modify programs to better suit his physical needs, which again reduced the stress of travelling in Italy.
All in all, the type of trip provided by CDV was really conducive towards creating the kind of environment where my dad and I could enjoy activities together (cooking, experiencing Bar Roma), and also enjoy doing things apart that I was more able to participate in. Honestly, I cannot say enough great things about this company. If you are looking to experience the Italy in a way that is informal but genuine, this is the company for you.
Thank you all so much for going out of your way to make my dad and I feel really special. We will never forget our time in Soriano.

Darwin, Australia
“Expectations fulfilled and more...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had decided to fulfil one of the items on my bucket list, and head back to Italy. I wanted to do a bit of cooking, experience the REAL Italy as well as exposing all my senses to Italy. The CD vacations appeared to offer an opportunity to achieve all these. Oh my word, did they! First of all, we were prepared for exactly what our experience in Soriano might be (thanks Michael). I had personal email contact with Paula and Michael before I arrived, so it came as no surprise the welcome and ready sense of family that I received when we arrived in Soriano. The visits to various beautiful local sites was awesome, but the opportunity to be surrounded and immersed in the local history, culture and food (of course) was a highlight. Oh, not forgetting that I was lucky to stay in Vecchio Forno. What a treasure!

I totally recommend this holiday to put on your 'to do' or 'bucket' list. Thank you to the whole team, who kept us informed and well fed, and laughing. I hope to be back.

Pennsylvania
“Fantastic cooking vacation in Soriano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

In June, my daughter and I spent a great week in Soriano with Culture Discovery. All the cooking lessons and side trips were perfectly orchestrated and everything seemed to flow without issues. I feel that this is important when you are visiting an area that is so unfamiliar to you. Michael, Paola, Rocky... the whole staff was very attentive to make sure we all had a great time.
I have all my memories, which I will never forget, but I am attaching a picture that always makes me smile. We saw these two gentlemen every morning at Bar Roma...so when I think of a Soriano morning, I think of them.

Visited June 2012
Umhlanga Rocks, South Africa
“Memories to last a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you are ever looking to go to a place that you can call a home away from home then CDV is the place to go cause you will leave with new friends that feel like family.
Having wanted to go on a cooking course in Italy I searched and searched the internet but did not find anything that appealed to me or suited my needs. By chance I came across the CDV website and I knew immediately this was the right one. At first I was apprehensive about going by myself but I needn't have been as by the end of the first night everyone had bonded and were firm friends.
The week spent with CDV in Soriano has been one of the best holidays I have been on, the people working there and the people who were with me on the course will remain in a special place in my heart forever.
To go as a couple, with friends or by yourself, like I did, doesn't matter...from the minute you get there to the time you leave you feel like you are with family (minus the family fights of course) I would definately reccommend it to anyone who asks, it is worth every cent and more....I only wish it was longer as the week goes by too quickly...
To Michael, Rocky, Ian, Peta, Carla thank you for such a wonderful holiday and I hope to see you all again soon.

Visited September 2012