“Disappointment at over hyped restaurant” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Naxxar
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary, International, Café, Tea Room
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Palazzo Parisio's Luna Restaurant combines a variety of culinary concepts set in a historic building of grandeur. Every corner emanates femininity and assures you luxury and a taste of history by the mouthful. In the morning the Luna Restaurant serves breakfast, snacks and lunch. In the afternoon you may enjoy the delightful and unique Luna Tea room serving a superb traditional English Afternoon tea with all its trimmings with the possibility to purchase from the tea boutique a variety of fine teas from around the world for you to enjoy at home. You may choose from the sublime interior amid a display of mirrors and hearts or the beautifully shaded tables on the garden terrace basking beside fragrant orange blossom and flamboyant bougainvilleas. In the evening the luxurious Luna restaurant is graced with sheer elegance and style. Dine in the intimate interior or in the gardens during the warmer season and relish a kaleidoscopic range of tastes and discover an impressive 'Menu Degustazione' with some of the most creative and stylish food interpretations enhanced by a vast selection of wines from the wine cellar. The heavenly desserts are impossible to resist. The attention to detail, texture and decoration is an adventure in gastronomic accomplishment, through to the service and 'art de la table'. It is no wonder that Luna is an award winner not only for its food and service but also for its incredible and refined ambiance. The Luna restaurant's Lounge offers relaxation and understated luxury amid the trendy Parisian-style interiors. Sit and sip an exquisite aperitif along with some tasty bar bites or enjoy the wide selection of vintage wines, champagnes, vodkas and a variety of innovative cocktails. Enjoy a taste of Luna, the restaurant at Palazzo Parisio at any time of the day. "Quite simply out of this world" comment devotees who praise "the varied and stylish menu" and the "excellent service" served in a "magnificent setting"
Canada del Hoyo, Spain
“Disappointment at over hyped restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The food is overpriced for what it is. The bruschetta priced at Euro 10 is usually a complimentary item at most other eateries. My Euro 19 salmon teriyaki was just a slab of salmon (no different from the ones I can buy at Lidl for a euro or two) drenched in soy sauce. It came with a couple of tablespoonfulls of rice. The bread was mediocre but we ate it because the portions of food were so small.

We did not have any wine, cocktails or coffee and yet the price for two came to 90 Euros. I would not have minded had it been an enjoyable dining experience but why did the staff allow children to run and scream all over the lawn? When I go to a place that mentions nobility, style etc., I do not expect to be subjected to screaming children and their parents taking videos of them. I can go to a Mc Donalds for that.

While I love cats I do not think that at a restaurant such as this there should be animals begging at tables and bothering patrons. One of the cats had crusts all over its eyes so I was afraid that I might pass something on to my pet from this restaurant's cats.

In the website it says that patrons may have to wait because of the freshness of the food so we were prepared to wait for the food. Which we did. However I don’t understand why we also had to wait for the bill. We asked one of the servers for it and waited for 25 minutes before asking another server who then eventually brought us our bill.

I complained by email to the restaurant after our experience but they did not reply or acknowledge my email.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Great setting but poor quality food and dreadful service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We went here for a light bite and drink. Beautiful gardens, but dreadful service: waited 20 minutes before being approached, and a further 10 minutes before our order was taken. Eventually I had to go and ask for someone to bring us our drinks!

Food was at best ordinary, not very well cooked pasta. We would have been happy to pay the high prices if the quality and service had matched the setting, but unfortunately they did not!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
billericay united kingdom
“Lovely experience enjoyed a great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Have visited this establishment many times mainly during the day in the gardens and have had many great meals there. We decided to try the evening experience and were not disappointed the staff are efficient and very friendly and the food is second to none. At first we thought the portions were a little small but having eaten the meal we realised they were just right. The wine list is extensive and we enjoyed a nice bottle of wine which complemented the meal. I would like to thank the staff for there attention and for making it a memorable meal.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Malta
“Unforgettable experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I was celebrating my 40th birthday on christmas eve. So my husband booked at this lovely restaurant. The ambiance is really beautiful and the decorations were lovely. However the restaurant is really not vegetarian friendly. Obviously when my husband booked about two weeks ahead he told them that one of us was vegetarian. As starter I found something on the menu which to say the truth was very good. However I was really annoyed when the head waitress told me the chef could prepare an ommelette for my main course! Can you believe it! An ommellette for christmas eve dinner? Then they offered tempura vegetables. So this mountain of tempura vegetables came and they tasted of fish. So ythe chef must have either used the same batter or the same oil he uses for the mixed fish tempura. I couldn't eat it. The waiter then brought me some vegetables sauteed in loads of butter which didn't do much for my already upset stomach.
My husband who is not vegetarian enjoyed his food. At least they had the decency to give us a discount but I shall never set foot in there again.

Visited December 2011
Malta
“Touch and go”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We have visited Luna Di Sera a couple of times. The outside ambience is second to none in Malta, especially in summer and on sunny winter days.
The service is usually between excellent and mediocre. If you happen to be served from the grumpy oldish waiter with the mustache or from a particular lady waiter who never smiles, that will be a mediocre dining experiance. All the other waiters are top-notch.
We also find the food to be touch and go. Sometimes you will be heaping praises on this place, and sometimes you will curse yourself for spending good money there.
The food is inconsistent. The management of this place needs to pull its socks up and also pull some ears.

• Visited November 2011