Keep in mind, I have been a camper for 10+ yrs. I have been across Ontario as far east as PEI and have never experienced what I did this past weekend.
Driving up, it was already a disappointment, place looked old and had a unkept appeal.
Enter and the musty scent is enough to make one cough. The room smelled the same, we got air freshner asap. There are no coffee makers in the room, the washrooms are outdated, toilet problems. Food, well food was a disgusting disaster. The cafeteria style room, still with all the cafeteria serving equipment, which weren't being used, was a joke. We were asked to choose dinner from a piece of paper given at arrival. It listed 4 main courses and 5 desserts, which were the same every day.
We were asked to hand it in one hr. before dinner, I'm guessing to give them enough time to defrost the meals and warm them. Coffee and tea, most inexpensive beverages, weren't free.
Towels which were white at one point were now, beige and white with rust stains. The one night we ate at the so called restaurant, they had allowed a couple to being their small dog with them, sitting on the chair with it's head on the table. I brought it to the waitresses' attention, who relayed the info to the owner. He said nothing nor did he come over to speak with us. Waitress was also playing with the dog and kissing it. The deal breaker was when I woke up bitten by bed bugs and a cockroach appeared, we checked out asap. We were asked to pay for the dinner for the night that we weren't going to stay for.........LOL
We and the other guests, renamed the resort to HELL RESORT
Don't stay here if you want to sleep and eat!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hill Island Lodge offers 52 air-conditioned accommodations with hair dryers and blackout drapes/curtains. Rooms feature forest or pool views. Each accommodation is individually furnished. Beds feature signature bedding and down comforters. Satellite television is provided. Bathrooms include separate bathtubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hill Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hill Island Hotel Lansdowne
- Hill Island Lodge Ontario/Lansdowne, Canada