“I must say!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Hucknall
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“I must say!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I must say why is this restaurant not situated in the centre of mayfair london? on entry it doesnt feel like your in hucknall at all and the decor is very modern and sleek. we visited this restaurant for my mums big birthday as she lives in hucknall and always talking about this place. the service is truly excellent and very proffesional, i always like to see my food being cooked with an open kitchen and you can see the chefs working very hard.
the food itself is to die for and i had one the best steaks i have ever had which virtually melted in the mouth. my favourite part was when all the waiters gathered and sang happy birthday for my mum in italian which made her day.
A big thank you to all and i love this place! will be back

Visited July 2013

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Such a lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a little gem I go here all the time and the service and food have remained consistent throughout.

They are a lovely bunch of people who will do anything to please.

I will continue to dine there for years to come x

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We traveled all the way from Matlock and well worth the trip..our friends had been here before and raving about it. The food is truly outstanding with plenty choice on the menu..and the service could not be faulted and my favourite part were the desserts which I highly recommend trying. Well done moda and see you on our sons birthday next month..

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Not quite what was expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Booked Moda after a recommendation. Having already dined at the other Italian along the same road we thought we'd try Moda for a change.

We arrived in plenty of time for the 7.30 booking and couldn't park as the restaurant is next door to a Tesco express and it was Saturday night and very busy!

We had to park across the main road and walk in.

The guys were a little disappointed that the restaurant didn't have any draught beer. The bottled beer was expensive and we had quite a few. Waiting staff didn't seem to notice when we needed a top up so we had to hail them over!

We were ushered to our table and told to get order in for food as a large party was expected!

Food was lovely. We had olives, bread & oil plus 2 x antipasti to start between us. Plenty on the plates and it was all lovely. Mains were equally good, pasta, chicken & fish. Hot plates too which is rare these days! Food stayed warm for the whole of the meal.
The meal felt a little rushed from start to finish.

Down side again, was that we struggled to get drinks! Even when a drinks order was taken it took ages to bring to table. Started to order 2 drinks at a time!

Plus......a hen party arrived shortly after we'd been seated, very noisy (I'm not complaining as a group of women will always be noisy, I've been there too ) but it got to the point where we couldn't hear what we were saying to each other. Decided to pay up & leave without dessert :-(

It wasn't the dining experience we'd hoped for. Hubby said he thought it resembled a transport cafe.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham
“Good but not outstanding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Not the first time we'd eaten here and the food is good but not outstanding. On this occasion there were eight of us and service was very good. I had battered calamari to start, it looked beautiful but the batter was so heavy I has to remove it to taste the squid. Main course was linguini with prawns and chilli, lots of prawns and the cream and wine sauce was lovely but where was the chillies? A friend, who also had this dish, asked the waiter for some more chillies as we couldn't taste them. They brought us a little dish of what looked like chilli but they were peppers, I ate half a teaspoon of them and there was no heat at all. After calling the waiter back he then brought us some chilli sauce to add to the dish?? Not fine dining!
The decor is nice and service good, the food is generally good too but I'm not itching to go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere