Last week, I stayed here for four nights with family and it turned out be fantastic thanks to Treehouse Blue. One thing I dread while planning holidays is rude and unhelpful staff and I had this apprehension while looking out for a place to stay in Goa, given that Goa has now become a perennial holiday destination and hotels in Goa have acquired a "take it or leave it" attitude. However right from the booking process everything went so smooth, in retrospect I find it somewhat unbelievable. Their website has a smooth booking interface and right now some mouthwatering offer is going on. I had some questions and requests, so I called up Mr. Ketan from sales. He explained in a very polite manner and more importantly very clearly what is in the offer and what other services were chargeable and by how much (like the Airport transfers). This first impression raised my hopes of a good holiday as I did not have good experience earlier with hotels not declaring all their charges upfront. Others would add this service charge, that charge and what not on check out, but not so here. Crystal clear clarity on what you need to pay upfront. Not a paise more is charged than what is mentioned to you. Now as soon as we reached the hotel, Mr. Prem, the Hotel Manager, welcomed us warmly and again in a very polite manner reconfirmed the agreed upon charges. He explained the facilities, showed us our room and so on. Further on when asked about conveyance options he advised us very sincerely on various options and also provided his opinion. Finally we decided to rent a self driven car for three days and he helped us book one and strike some deal there too. During our stay we made innumerable requests like asking them to pick up ordered food from the nearby restaurants and the staff did so with a smiling face and with an unbelievable eagerness. One night the pick up was ordered too late as we returned late and I was very tired and in no mood to drive to the restaurant. I asked if the pick up could be arranged and Mr. Prem got the ordered dinner picked up - I think he went himself as the first round of pick up was already done.
Just two words "Exceptional Hospitality."
Now about the place - It has this quiet suburban ambiance and a relaxing mood where time stands still. Away from the maddening crowd - at a little distance from the beach to stay away from the crowd and noise, but not such a great distance - just 2.5 kilometers. They provide free cycles to go to the beach. It is good exercise. The very first evening I took a bicycle to Majorda beach. All kinds of shops, supermarkets, banks and restaurants are nearby. The hotel staff will pick up food ordered from the restaurant - Pentagoan. This restaurant also gives 10% discount to Treehouse Blue customers and frankly I think I have not eaten such delicious food in my life. Now about the rooms, we stayed in a one bedroom apartment which has a bedroom and a living room/kitchenette. Two air conditioners - one for the bedroom and the other for the living room. Two balconies. One big balcony covers both the living and the bedroom and the other smaller balcony on the other side is in the living room. We had full view of the swimming pool from the smaller balcony. The premises includes a very clean swimming pool and a kids pool. My son and I had fun swimming two days from our stay when we had the pool all by ourselves. We also played Table Tennis and there are other sundry activities on the ground floor like carom, chess etc. When we were out during the afternoon, the staff cleaned the room, not one of our personal items was moved (but they somehow managed to clean and put the room in order). They also cleaned the utensils we used and refilled the tea bags and coffee pouches for free, replaced used towels. About the food it worked out very well for us as we like to keep our options open - we may cook ourselves or we may order in from a restaurant or we may dine out. We did all three. They provide you with a full tray of breakfast items each morning, complementary with the room, when you actually want to have breakfast (and not when the hotel wants you to finish breakfast ... he-he ...). Eggs, butter, cooking oil, bread, milk, fruit juice, corn flakes .... did I miss anything? There is a 1 Mbps free wifi connection provided. I connected two laptops, two notebooks and two smartphones. The TP Link access point was right outside the big balcony and the signal was strong throughout the rooms and the browsing speed was also good. I checked the speed with speedtest.net. And the first day I connected to my office vpn through their free wifi. All phone signals were strong and I had brought a Reliance Netconnect cdma dongle as a backup and the signal for that was 5 bars strong. In fact I downloaded the entire google maps for Goa as offline cache both in my tablet and my phone on their wifi. And this proved to be a life saver in our outings.
Some of the very minor things which the hotel could improve:
1. There is a place for exhaust fan in the bathroom but it was not fitted. Don't know why although ventilation was okay.
2. The water pressure from the bathroom taps was a bit less - that's what I felt although my family did not complain.
2. Please provide a bucket and a mug for the bathroom.
3. It would be good if you could provide a small induction base cooker. Although we brought our own cooker but it was aluminum base and not a steel one. So it was useless on the induction cooker and was only useless weight.
4. Keep your cycles oiled and the air pressure proper in the tires. I felt the tires were under inflated and were a bit of a drag to pedal.
All in all, a really fantastic place to stay in Goa for those who like to relax in quiet surroundings yet be near civilization and keep *all* their options open and not to forget - exceptional, I repeat, exceptional hospitality and integrity.
- Also Known As:
- The Treehouse Blue Majorda, Goa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Treehouse Blue, a brand new property consisting of 24 plush serviced apartments, ideally located in the tranquil location of South Goa, just a fleeting distance from the Majorda Beach and home to some of Goa’s best dining & entertainment experiences. The Treehouse Blue is perfectly eco-friendly and completely in tune with green revolution.The apartments feature 6 spacious Studio apartments and 18 One Bedroom apartments with contemporary furnishings, offering a full range of modern and high standard amenities to serve family, business and leisure travelers.For family travelers, The Treehouse Blue offers large air conditioned apartments that can accommodate the entire family of four with all the right connections. A spacious living, dining, full service modular kitchen with all the necessary gadgets, a master bedroom with closets, writing desk, IDD telephone, couch convertible bed, Satellite T.V. , LCD, and more!For a business traveler, The Treehouse Blue offers luxurious air conditioned and self contained Studio apartments with Wi-Fi Internet access and everything that one would require for a comfortable business visit.Our idyllic surrounding and environs contains swimming pools, indoor & outdoor game areas, set amidst a lush landscape offers the perfect place to unwind and relax. The facilities and services include 2 swimming Pools, Car Park, 24-hour CCTV Security, 100% power back-up, convenience store, 24-hour Room Service, Tour Service, kid’s play area, 24hr High Speed Wi-Fi, Lawns, Table tennis and board games, DVD players, movies, library, bicycles, car & bike rentals, doctor on call, baby-sitting, laundry, versatile dining options and many more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Treehouse Blue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.