“Fascinating and magical retreat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunflower Retreats Holidays

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Casperia
Sunflower Retreats Holidays
You added Sunflower Retreats Holidays to your Saves list
Via tito Tazio no 11, 02041 Casperia, Italy   |
New York City, New York
“Fascinating and magical retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I recently spent five nights at Sunflower Retreat in Casperia. It's a unique retreat in a magical place, where you go back in time to live in a charming, picturesque, slow and friendly medieval Italian village. You also have access to excellent yoga instruction, holistic therapies, private swimming pool and activities like hiking and biking.

This is the kind of vacation where you embrace Italian culture and go with the flow. It's not a resort, but rather the blending of a retreat into a village.

A guide helps organize everything and take care of the group. Our guide Cristian was accommodating, friendly and even entertaining! all the staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. It's very good value for the price; optional costs are pretty low.

I was completely envelloped in the charm of the accommodation and atmosphere. The loft in casa latini was small but I didn't mind. Also, medieval means steps -- lots of them, and no a/c. I found this part of the charm... got a lot of exercise!

You'll especially appreciate Sunflower if travelling on your own. Guests naturally bond together, many of us had meals and did other things together.

I got the "ultimate" massage/holistic therapy created by practioners at SF, and it was fantastic, a combination including indian head massage, reflexology and reiki. Hanna was one of the best therapists I've had the pleasure to be treated by. She's highly intuitive and expert.

Yoga classes were really good, whether beginner or advanced. Vanessa really took time to help us and going to my first class at home I felt improvement. Some people wanted more yoga, for me it was enough once or twice a day.

If you go, you may want to bring some prepared foods and stock up when the supermarket is open. There are a few food options in the village, but as is Italy, they are sometimes closed, and you'll be glad to have the food, whether or not you prepare meals at your place. olives from the supermarket were the most delicious i ever had.

Room and apartment were very clean and the water, plumbing were modern.

Recommend paying the 10euros to be collected at the train station.

Room Tip: I would definitely ask questions about the acommodations if you're not sure which is right for y...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have just got back from a yoga holiday at Sunflower Retreats and it was fantastic! I fell in love with the little village of Casperia from the moment I saw it on the hill top (yes, there are quite a few stairs to navigate but keep an eye out for the two lifts!). The instructions to get from Rome airport were spot on - about 2 hours in total on the train and bus (10 euro). I had booked the single loft skylight apartment at Casa Latini which was very cosy and perfect for me. There were only four of us which was unusual apparently and we got on really well, spending the right amount of time together and giving good space. There was a nice rhythm to the retreat - yoga for 90 mins in the morning, a healthy and filling breakfast, then a trip to the thermal spa or a walk or a cycle or an holistic treatment, then optional afternoon yoga, and dinner. We were blessed with nice weather, and only one day of light rain. We found the fresh pasta shop just down the hill and the patisserie and the supermarket, and cooked 3 course meals for each other in the kitchen at Casa Latini on three nights, watching the sun set over the hills. Do try the gelati from Cafe Friends which is actually made in Casperia! So most of the time we ate for about 8 euro each per night, although it was about the food not the money! We also ate at Gusto's (5 courses of amazingly fresh and beautifully cooked food - definitely do this!) and got takeaway pizza on another. I must have got through about 5 books on my kindle, reading out on the balcony, enjoying the fresh air and the sunshine. One of our group did the watercolour class and came back after 2 hours with a fantastic piece of art. I slept brilliantly and the church bells at 7 am every morning were my alarm clock for 8 am yoga. A lovely way to wake up. Oh yes, and the yoga instruction by Liza was high quality with all of us progressing well through the week. Chrystal was super friendly and kept us well informed and organised, and Tina was a great therapist. I would recommend the one hour reflexology. Everyone was so helpful. This is a holiday that will definitely leave you feeling rejuvenated and balanced. A definite recommendation!!

Room Tip: If you are a single traveller, I would recommend the Casa Latini loft apartment. Perfect for one per...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

My yoga holidays trip to Sunflower Retreats as a fantastic experience.

The location, situated in the beautiful village of Casperia, just one hour from the Roman airports and within easy distance of the main routes, had the most incredible panaromic views.

The yoga, which was available outside under the blue sky and surrounded by the greenery of the mountains. Group and individual lessons were on offer. As it was my first time of doing yoga, I opted to take it easy and just joined in for a few of the days.

The holistic treatments ... too numerous to list but there was something for everyone.

The treking in the mountains, I particularly loved. We had a lovely guide and the whole trip was included in the price.

The opportunity for excursions to others towns and villages, including Assisi, with its incredible history was an added dimension to the yoga retreat.

The free cycling facilities to enjoy the locality of the Sabina hills was something I had not taken advantage of but which many others had.

The art lessons, wonderful opportunity to learn how to paint in a beautiful surrounding.

The hot springs, the swimming in the natural lakes and the mud baths. Warm one minute and muddy the next but so smooth on the skin and a great opportunity to have laughs with all the other guests.

The local restraurants with fabulous Italian foods. I could never get bored with Italian food ... all so healthy, colourful and of course tasty.

The unique and wonderful accommodation. This brought many smiles because of the original setting of the accommodation throughout the village.

The breakfasts where everybody had the opportunity of meeting and making new friends and which was so filling, you really did not feel hungry for many hours afterwards.

With those facilities, it was the most wonderful holiday break. Would I go back to Sunflowers Yoga Retreat? The answer has to be Yes.

The village was just magical. I loved every moment there and the locals were so friendly and welcoming.

As far as yoga retreats go, it offered more than I expected and I left on a high which is still fresh in my mind and the reason why I want to put this review for anyone who may be considering a yoga retreats holiday. Definitely Sunflower Yoga Retreats had it all for me and the other guests I spoke to. Everyone said they would return.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I spent a week in Casperia with the sunflower retreat family.

The Yoga was awesome, breakfast lovely - the accomodation was gorgeous too.

all in all it was heaven - I recommend the holistic treatments and the free mountain walk.

Also use the kitchen and cook your cook for at least one night as the supermarket though small is excellent and the veggies rock

My only small comment is that a map of the village would be great as it is hard to find your way around at the beginning and easy to get lost.

Also the trip train is easy but you have to know that you need to look out for the stations and to validate your ticket before you get on the train. Don't be afraid to ask for help - everyone is lovely !

lastly be prepared to fall in love with the village and to want to come back

Room Tip: I stayed in a lovely room but all the rooms are a little noisey in the morning due to the village be...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Sunflower Retreats Holidays? Share your experiences!