“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

€60 (EUR)
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Lovely hotel with big comfortable rooms all with their own style. Picturesque setting, small and very quaint village. Maria, the owner, is very friendly and helpful and a wonderful host. I would definitely visit it again to explore more of this beautiful region. No hesitation in recommending Maria's B & B!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Cape Town, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was our third stay at Palazzo Malaspina. Maria is, as always, a gracious hostess. The standard at Palazzo Malaspina is consistently excellent, with a delicious breakfast, comfortable and beautifully decorated rooms; and a perfect location for our annual business trip to Tuscany. I would recommend it without hesitation!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
PalazzoMalaspina, Proprietario at Palazzo Malaspina, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

For the third time I really thank you for choosing Palazzo Malaspina for your annual business trip to Tuscany.
What is called "standard", often hidden surprises, the goal is to guarantee a perfect place to enjoy your stay.
Thanks for all the times you will recommed Palazzo Malaspina to your friends!

Best regards,
East London, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at Palazzo Malaspina for five nights on our recent trip to Italy. I will not repeat all the favorable comments that have have been made before about Maria's B&B other than to give it a 10 out of 10 rating in every respect. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience in San Donato and the Tuscan region and our stay at Palazzo Malaspina contributed to this greatly. Thank you Maria and Mary for your warm hospitality. We will also be checking your website regularly for your recipe updates - please remember to post the Olive Oil cake recipe.

Dear John,

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for your lovely words!
I try to do my best to guarantee memorable experiences to my guests.
I will update my website as soon as possible, by adding the Olive Oil cake recipe.

Thank you again! I hope you will choose again Palazzo Malaspina next time in Italy.
Best regards,
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

clean and comfortable rooms, helpful staff. The owner of the house, Maria is very nice and attentive.Location is good, very close to the main road to Siena. If they organise the entrance hall as living room , the atmosphere will be nicer,it will be good to spend some time before going to bed.

Room Tip: there are different types of rooms, ask the features before booking.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Palazzo Malaspina.
We are very centrally located: between Siena and Florence, easy to reach, in the countryside of Chianti where stands the little medieval gem of San Donato in Poggio.
Thanks a lot for giving me the tip, I really appreciate when my guests suggest me something to improve Palazzo Malaspina.

I thank you again for your review and hope you come back at Palazzo Malaspina next time in Tuscany!
Maria.
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My new husband and I had a wonderful 3 night stay. The room was charming and the bed very comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious as well as nutritious. Maria was warm, hospitable, and helpful with suggestions of towns in Tuscany to see, and how to get there. Maria's assistant Mary was also warm and welcoming and served us delicious cake, wine and tea, when we first arrived and were tired from a long trip.

The town itself was charming and accessible by car to the "must see" towns in Tuscany.

Thank you Maria and Mary!

B and G

A totally delightful stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Becky,

Thank you for choosing Palazzo Malaspina for your stay in Tuscany!
I try to guarantee the best and confortable experience to my Guests and I'm very glad when you appreciate this.
Every moment you pass in Palazzo Malaspina must be memorable, for this reason I usually welcome my guests with a bottle of Chianti wine, cakes, coffe, tea and cappuccino.

Next time in Tuscany, I hope you come back to share again new special experiences!
Maria.
Mildura, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Palazzo Malaspina,the location was perfect to explore the Tuscan country side and return each day to a beautiful setting and wonderful view of the country side from our balcony while sharing a bottle of Chianti wine with complements of Maria. The breakfast that Maria and Mary prepared each morning was wonderful, beautiful home made cakes and jams, local cheeses even eggs cooked to your liking, we loved everything about out stay in this enchanting little village .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
PalazzoMalaspina, Proprietario at Palazzo Malaspina, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you so much for sharing your experience at Palazzo Malaspina!
I usually welcome my guests with a bottle of Chianti wine to wish a great experience in Tuscany.
We are very centrally located to explore the Chianti country side and cities of art like Florence and Siena, but also little gems like San Gimignano.
A rich breakfast it's the better way to relish the italian and tuscan lifestyle!

I hope to see you again next time in Tuscany!

Grandville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We came to the Chianti Tuscany region for the first time this October. Had wonderful accommodations at Palazzo Malaspina; delightful hosts in Maria and her cheerful assistant, Mary. We loved the cappucino and homemade goodies that got our mornings going. Our room was cozy and lovely; a home away from home. We will certainly stay here again, if we are fortunate to return to Tuscany.

Room Tip: Select a room that fits your needs!
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your review.
I'm already waiting for your next time in Tuscany, to delight you again with my cakes and enjoy these lands.

Big Hugs,
Maria

Been to Palazzo Malaspina? Share your experiences!