Our family spent Christmas at the Rafters 6 last year. It was expensive - and not something my family can generally afford - we are not wealthy people.
There were some wonderful parts:
1. The food was excellent - especially the Xmas eve dinner. All meals were above average and nicely prepared.
2. We took a Christmas Day trail ride that we will remember forever - it was a lovely day with those great big flakes of snow falling - amazing. The trail ride leader was excellent - she did a great job.
3. We went on a wagon ride - again - very well done - fun!
4. They made a Xmas stocking for each room with some treats in them and hung them on the door knobs - what a nice touch that was!
But, the experience left us with a bad taste in our mouths. We realized that we had forgotten to leave a tip for the staff when we left and called them to let them know that we really appreciated the service from the food service and trail ride/wagon ride staff and wanted to leave a tip. I told them to use my VISA to take an appropriate amount.
So, they took 15% of the entire tab - which included 15% of the room charges, cabin rental charge - everything - far and above the general services that are tipped. I don't leave 15% of my room bill when I leave a hotel - does anyone else? Our rooms were not cleaned during the day - so it isn't like it went to the cleaning staff.
I found that action to be quite greedy and we won't be returning - we can't afford it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafter Six Ranch Resort is a resort ranch with full facilities on site including horseback riding, whitewater rafting, and an adventure ropes course. Rafter Six Ranch Resort is located along the Kananaskis River nestled at the base of the Canadian Rockies. Located 2km from the Trans Canada Highway – we are 45 minutes west of Calgary and 20 minutes east of Canmore. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rafter 6 Ranch Resort
- Rafter Six Ranch Hotel Exshaw
- Rafter Six Ranch Resort Canmore, Canada - Alberta