“More than what we expected!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Suara Ombak Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bukit
Suara Ombak Cottages
You added Suara Ombak Cottages to your Saves list
Bingin Clifftop, Bukit, Karangasem, Bali, Indonesia   |
“More than what we expected!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I felt right at home during our stay at Suara Ombak. Rob and his wife have been running this place for around 20 years and treated us like it was our own home. Rob was so helpful, accommodating and his local knowledge was excellent. We ate home cooked authentic Indonesian food every day, cooked for us by Rob's own personal cook. We stayed in the Birdhouse- the views of the breaking surf and sunsets were absolutely mezzmarising. The privacy at the Birdhouse was perfect and it is set on the very top of the cliff face with nature all around it. Ocean views from the bed as well as from the patio. We felt so safe that we didn't bother locking our door at night or when we went out for the day. A safe is provided for your valuables in your room. A short stroll down to the beach below will provide a clear water beach to surf or swim and great bars and restaurants. The free Wi Fi is great and is available in the common area.
A must try! We will be back! again!! Thanks Rob.

• Stayed July 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend n I stayed at the warung(cottage) over looking the beach. Best location for surrounding views of surf n picture perfect. the cooks are awesome and make the best Balinese food ever...staff is very nice and very friendly.. Spot is awesome if you surf..great views of surf break bingin dreamland and impossibles...a must stayfor a night or weeks..enjoy will you fall in with this place

• Stayed April 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed at Suara Ombak for 5 days in April at the 'Captain's Quarters' which had a kitchen, ensuite bathroom, great balcony and a private little pool. The bedroom's view is amazing, must be one of the best view you could get over bingin beach and the ocean. What I enjoyed most was that I didn't even have to get up from bed to see if there were any waves, as the bed faces the trees and the ocean, waking up with such a view is truly amazing!

The staff were very friendly, they looked very well after us, from hiring a motorbike, giving advice on what to do, where the best surf spot, bringing delicious breakfast/dinner to our private balcony.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for privacy, romantic view, minutes from surfs pots, and great friendly service.

All the best to Rob the owner, and his wife who welcomed us so well!
Reda & Kristina

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cascais, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Incredible and magical place to stay in Bingin, out of the mess that is Uluwatu. Here you can actually relax, and just hear the sound of the waves, with an amazing view, one of the best places i´ve been for sure. You will spend a great time here garanteed, specially if you have girlfriend, she will love it!

Room Tip: The Bird House is the best, with a private deck and an outside WC, simply amazing. Enjoy it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bukit, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I went here initially due to reviews I read here on trip advisor but was sorely disappointed. When I spoke to the owner, I was told they had great internet and were very accommodating in very possible sense. The internet did not work at all in my villa, I asked if I could use the kitchen (once for 1.5 hours to cook something) and was charged a 50 000rp kitchen fee (even though I cleaned up everything i used). On top of that, I used 2 tbsp of the owners special 'honey' which was publicly on a countertop in a large jar of which he actually complained to me about for using! When I needed an employee, 85% of the time, I couldn't find anybody - to rent a motorbike, get some food or whatever reason. The cottage was nice but waking up every morning to guano (bat poo) all over the bathroom was smelly and disappointing. They need to simply have a staff around all the time, put a net at the top opening to the bathroom, extend the internet coverage to the customers (not just the owners cottage) and the owner could use a good lesson in communication and tact. The location is interesting, on top of a cliff overlooking the ocean and the homemade passion fruit juice is pretty good. I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody I know - there's a lot of other very good places in the area.

Room Tip: I'd soon after discovered the Calyx - fantastic place! Also, guest houses entitled Lullaby and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

From the moment you enter into Suara Ombak, you are welcomed by friendly staff who have been there many years (15 years). Rob, the owner and his wife, are some of the best hosts we have had. They are willing to offer and help you need whether it be organizing a taxi, surfing spots, general information or just a good chat! The place is so peaceful and definitely a refreshing escape from the bustling streets of kuta etc. Its like being tucked away in thriving rainforest, a place you can really just relax and explore. We stayed in the captains quarters although we had booked the birdhouse - but wow we were very lucky to be moved into the captains quarters - a bed right on the deck overlooking the amazing view of Bingin beach all the way to Dreamland. We had no doors or anything around the bedroom, just a timber railing and some blinds you could roll down. It was amazing, loved every second! We even got quite the lightning show that we could just lay back and watch as the storm rolled through! Don't even get me started on the food!! I have never had such amazing tasting french toast, Komang, is the best breakfast lady! And as for dinner, Kedi, does an out of this world dinner that you can organise with her. We didnt realise it would be such a feast! Wow, so good and all made by hand with the freshest ingredients, she makes all of her own spices! Would definately reccommend this place to anyone who has had enough of the hotel life and needs to feel nature and get a real Bali experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A few friends and I stayed at Suara Ombak for 4 nights last year and loved every moment. Although difficult to find at first the secluded haven and the view from the top of the cliff overlooking the ocean was dreamlike (ideal at sunset). We stayed in the chart house which brought back memories of my childhood tree house, with lots of homely features it was refreshing and different from the usual stale hotel rooms. Make sure you put your name down to have dinner atleast once, the Chef makes fresh indonesian cuisine that is to die for. Saura is a great little getaway that I have recommended to anyone going to Bali.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Suara Ombak Cottages? Share your experiences!