“just got back!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palia Don Pedro

You added Hotel Palia Don Pedro to your Saves list
Hotel Palia Don Pedro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Hercules 3, 38630 Costa del Silencio, Arona, Tenerife, Spain   |
Solihull, England, United Kingdom
“just got back!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

we have literally just got back from a 2 week stay at this hotel, and to be perfectly truthful we loved every minute!
The staff there are friendly and helpful, the appartments tho basic are cleaned every day.
the entertainment team work hard all day from morning till night with activities for all ages, and the food is fantastic with plenty of choice and is available from 8am till 10:30pm!
The buses there stop at the back of the hotel and its only a short trip to los christianos or las americas.
The only bad point was the Swimming pool was ice cold (but we went in march!).
All in all we had a fantastic break in the sun and was excellent value for money!

Room Tip: Do not pay extra to upgrade your room like we did, as all rooms are the same! Although the rooms a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Polish first
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Again I am baffled as to the negative reviews my partner and I booked this hotel last minute as a cheap getaway and I can honestly say I will return. The hotel was clean staff were friendly entertainment team really good theres lots of games like darts , archery and rifle shooting during the day whilst shows in the evening !! The food I thought was of a good standard fresh omelettes made up in front of you in the morning and again fresh meat done in front of you in the evening !!! My only grumble would be the all inc bar closing at 10 30 but there are bars less than 5 mins away if you want whilst mentioning that one of the bars just out the hotel on the right was a English bar called our place which eas very hospitable has free wifi and show every sport all day and also have a in house bookie!! All in all great value for money

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My friend & I visited in mid March. We were a little skeptical as we had read some bad reviews & the photos didn't look fantastic. However when we arrived we were very happy. They advertise 2/3 stars and what you get is above that. Great clean basic accommodation, food always fresh & facilities very clean. Bus stop right near the hotel that takes you into Las Americas or Los Cristianos & local shops are a 5min walk for those sneaky items you forgot to pack. Please don't book a 2/3 star then complain on here that it's not 5 star standard, it's amazing value here. If you want 5 star head to Las Americas and pay triple for it. Good job Palia Don Pedro!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Klimovsk, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've been in Palia Don Pedro from 25.03-4.02. The guests of this hotel are mostly french and english people. The are 4 official languages in this hotel and animation team tell all information in spanish, french, english and polish languages. For the 3 stars hotel Palia don Pedro dare to be the best. The food is great. The staff is friendly. ANimation team is trying to do their best. All day there are smth for your children.
I was there with my family and we've rented a car and were traveling around the island, so basically we just had breakfast, dinner and sleep in a hotel.

The only one thing you should know about this hotel it is very windy place. I guess especially if you visit Tenerife in winter months. 10 minutes ride to Las Americas and you are in heaven of sun and warm and no wind. In Costa del Silincio is like the other planet. So if you will not have an opportunity to rent the car and you like still and hot weather you better choose smth else. But in general Palia Don Pedro is an amazing hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
stirling, scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Literally just back from this hotel and all I can say is the previous revieTwer must have been staying in a different hotel! There is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel and the animation team work hard all day long. If you don't want to join in that's fine, too. The all-inclusive finishes at 1030pm after which you have to pay for any drinks you may want. The food is excellent with plenty of choice and never found it to be cold. The only complaint I had, as previous reviewers have mentioned, is that there is only a choice of water or wine with meals. No coke, Fanta or sprite and you're not allowed to bring drinks in. The rooms are perfectly fine with maid service every day and, although we were only there for 4 nights, our towels got changed once. The hotel is in a residential area, (there are also people live in the apartments) but there are a few small pubs and restaurants within walking distance, obviously they were quiet at this time of year. There were lots of French people but the animation team does try to include everyone. All in all we had a great holiday and wouldn't hesitate to return. PS No grumpy reception staff, everyone was lovely,

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

this was supposed to be a relaxing 10 days with friends but was anything but now I know it wasn't the best hotel in the world but did not expect this the rooms were quite dirty although the bedding and towels were clean There is only one bar and there is kids entertainment until 9.30 pm the bar shuts at 10.30 pm which doesn't give you any chance to sit and talk as the kids are still there running about The food was quite good for an all inclusive hotel as there was always something there to eat but unfortunately it was cold every mealtime the food is cold even if it is just cooked they had a microwave but that just means you have to nuke everything you are eating not great !!!
the swimming pool was supposed to be heated in the winter but the staff told us it was heated to 20 degrees (ha Ha) that was the air temperature so safe to say it doesn't get heated and hardly anyone could use it Some kids did get in but as they couldn't breathe they soon got out.
Also the position of the hotel is unfortunate to be in a mini hurricane area and every day it seemed to be too cold to lie on the sunbeds I know this is not the hotels fault but a few windbreaks wouldn't have gone amiss.
The bathrooms did have an overpowering smell of sewage and I know this is an island and the drains are not the best but this was terrible we bought air fresheners to disguise the smell and this seemed to work for a while.

Room Tip: don't go to this hotel if you like a clean room that doesn't smell
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My mother and I stayed here for a week in November. I don't often write reviews but thought this place deserved a nice HONEST review!!
We booked a week all inclusive for £300 each and were absolutely bowled over by the value for money!!! We had never traveled all inclusive before and now will never go again with out!
The hotel was clean with adequate facilities, pool was freezing however. The food was good, lots to choose from and always something available throughout the day...(didn't do my thighs any good at all!) there was a huge selection of drinks and luckily a peach schnapps waiting for me!
We booked this as a budget holiday and it definitely exceeded our expectations! I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone.. In fact my Grandad is due to come here shortly on my recommendation! Here are a few tips to those who stay here :)

Beach towels are 4€ from the Little shopping complex down the road should you have no space.
The Crepes are not worth having as they cook them then microwave them to heat through which makes them stale.
The beds aren't particularly comfy so expect an ache in the mornings.
Do not go in the pool unless you want hypothermia! I used it several times but it is freezing!
I highly recommend the Garlic Mayo... It delicious!!
Join in with the activities and the staff will love you!

ALL INCLUSIVE RUNS OUT AT 12NOON ON THE DAY YOU LEAVE! We were unaware of this so we checked out prior to 12 and lost the privilege... Make sure you eat and stock up on drinks before you check out

Stayed November 2013

Been to Hotel Palia Don Pedro? Share your experiences!