“Adorable hotel for sunny holidays, but not 5 star!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Happy Elegant
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Kuyucak Mevkii Yeni Mah., Mahmutlar, Turkey   |
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Mahmutlar
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
“Adorable hotel for sunny holidays, but not 5 star!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Well, me and my boyfriend stayed there for about 11 days. We was last year, august 2013. Loveley hotel for holidays with a nice location. Clean and comfortable rooms, room service was good, there is no wifi on the room, just in the lobby. the entertainment staff was cool, very lovely people. There is a bar on the beach and also a pool bar, but the staff there was unfriendly!Food was average, nothing special.There is an Al Carte restaurant, but I dont recommend it!!! It was awful.The beach is terrible cause there are big rocks and you can hurt your feet, so if you go in Alanya take a water shoes.
Dont except a lot, so you will have a happier experience! :)
We had a cool time and enjoyed our holiday. (But We're not going back for sure ;))

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were there for the weekend.
Nowbody speaks eanglish from the stuff, the room was dirty and we found some pin tooth on the floor and earing sticks, the air condition didnt work well.
We tried to talk with the front desk about all the rejects but the stuff dont speak english .
Dont go there .

• Stayed August 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The hotel is new, and the rooms are nice, and thats it! Very warm in the lobby, no internet in the rooms and the last days no internet in the loby also. In the restoraunt its 30 degrees all the time, no air conditioning there also. No coctails included in all inclusive pansion. The beach bar closes at 17:00 ?!? after you need to pay. The beach is full with stones. Nobody speaks english!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Bangor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We loved the hotel and the staff could not do enough for us the rooms were cleaned every day and it was close to the beach!!! the entertainment staff are lovely too and they work so hard and long hours some people don't appreciate that for any of the staff that are their!! The pool is lovely too and cleaned every night with slides which we had endless fun!!
The only thing that was slightly off putting was the distance from the airport its 2 hours by coach just to pre warn anybody that is going their!! The food their is ok a lot of choice just a bit repetitive!!!
Their is really nice bar just down the road that has amazing staff too called Mojito if you fancy a change.
Please do not listen to some of the bad reviews take it with a pinch of salt !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Duhok, Dahuk, Iraq
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Hello dears in a new review , I have been there from2nd to 6th of July With previously reservation ,,,,it is really Avery good hotel to stay there first to count the good things , they have nice rooms for good affordable rates it is very cheaper than other near by hotels with same facilities ,, very good deliciouse food , over crowded , we got our room it was clean but no soaps or shower gels and we asked for three times till the bring us ,, they don't Change the towels for thee days and they said it is one of our roles , there was no Internet in the rooms you should go down the lobby to have slow access to the Internet in a very hot weather ...... Another very bad thing is that they have very slow moving elevators you should wait for long time to got an access to your room they have only two small slow panoramic and another one small near reception ,,,, other wise the reception people were good guys helpful ...there was another thing they are too economic in electricity provide the room only with one card and whenever you opened the balcony the air conditioning shut down at once ....it some what far from tourist points because you will go out of alanya for 10 ,,,or 15 km Thanks

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Where should I start.. Right !
1. The hotel is 2 hours away from the airport which is in Antalya , the hotel is in Alanya NOT Antalya where the airport is.
2. The food in the canteen at the hotel is disgusting and the smell is horrible I couldnt even finish my plate. My holiday was all inclusive but I went out to eat everyday so I spent more money.
3. The staff at the hotel cant even speak English and are not helpful at all
4. This hotel is not a 5* I would say its a 2*
5. The sand at the beach looks like mud , the beach has lots of rocks I could bearly go to the water, I cut my foot when I stepped into the water (really uncomfortable)
6.I went to happy elegant for 7 days with my boyfriend and I could say this is definately a hotel I wouldnt recommend to anyone. Please think about it and read all the reviews before you book this holiday , Everything stated on these reviews is true!. Listen to someone from experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
serbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Where to start?We arrived at the hotel on May 31.(2013),first, we had to twice change room,third attempt was successful and we got a room that... is great,fourth floor, room 1414cleaned the room every day, but because we gave a tip.I ignored the negative comments but I should have read more carefully..First, it is a hotel former SSSR-a...only hear the Russian language and no more...the hotel staff has educated and speak little English..first ,restaurant:like a canteen ruined factories,if you not come first,'ll stay hungry..food is typically Turkish, no meat,only lots of vegetables,cakes gelatin with water in a variety of colors,fruit, only oranges and some of their green plums..Pool is small for such a hotel and so many guests,and in it also slides...so enjoy!The beach is ok, but the big waves you can not swim..to Alanya you can go with dolmus,but....I wrote this very real,we have paid all of 500EUR per person for 10 days...exhibitionist who is... welcome!! I certainly, never again!!!

Room Tip: take a room on the side of the hotel overlooking the main entrance near the sea to the upper floor...