“Good place if you have a car” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vistana Penang Bukit Jambul

You added Vistana Penang Bukit Jambul to your Saves list
Vistana Penang Bukit Jambul
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   213 Jalan Bukit Gambir, Bukit Jambul, Bayan Lepas, Penang Island 11950, Malaysia   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Bayan Lepas
selangor
“Good place if you have a car”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Had a 3D 2N stay at the 3 bedroom suite over the weekend with my family. Here's a list I've thought of to help you out:

PROS:
1) I think they recently renovated because it is very clean and has a new feeling to it.
2) Indoor Parking is only RM3 per entry.
3) A couple of restaurants/ shops - walking distance from the hotel.
4) ROOMS

- As we stayed at the 3-bedroom suite, I was surprised to find two ensuite bathrooms and one for sharing outside. There were two big double beds and two single beds in one of the rooms. The bedroom & baths are very spacious! and the beds are very soft, they provide plenty of pillows too! fluffyyyy
- The air conditioning was very very good.
- There is an extra "study room" where you can make your coffee & ironing

5) the service was good, I called the operator to see if i can have some plates sent up to my room for us to use, they did it without any fuss (a little slow) but we still got it ;)

6) housekeeping was good, new towels and more mineral water for the next day.
7) TV was a big flat screen, but the quality isnt as good. There's a lot of channels to enjoy though!
8) A good family place for those who want to stay nearby USM (local universities) - for convocations or any business matter.
9) There's WiFi in the hotel/ rooms, easy sign in too.

CONS:
1) The hotel is split into two parts (hotel / suites). If you are staying at the suites, you have to go to Level 2 from the Lobby then switch lifts to go up to your apartment. Quite a hassle if you will be staying long. (no worries though, it's not very far)
2) Swimming pool is tiny, say, 50metres? So it's very VERY crowded on long weekends.
3) Drop-off zone is too small. The queue is long during check out time, but they have staff manning the queue, but there is not extra lane where the car at the back can bypass the people stopping by the main entrance/ drop off. (it's a one way lane).
4) The hot shower only works one at a time! so arrange your shower time people!
5) There is a locked out kitchen there, an extra room but it's locked so we have no kitchenette anymore, there's a dining room though! make full use of it!
6) There is NOT ENOUGH RUBBISH BINS. Like seriously, we had to use our own plastic bags to not make a mess, or you can find one only in the bathroom!
7) Far from any of the Penang attractions, but should be no problem if you have your own transport.

CAN'T SAYS:
1) Didnt have the breakfast
2) Didnt try out the gym facilities

Room Tip: avoid the rooms facing the swimming pool, night parties may be noisy!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The location is far from the city, it cost roughly RM30 per trip which made us regret staying this far out. The 3 bedrooms were spacious although the finishes were quite old and worn out, might be a good time to renovate. So for the price we paid, the quality wasn't up to standard. The breakfast spread was decent but idle waiters just stood there although the eggs ordered was sitting on the counter top. For a hotel with certain star ratings, I had the expectation that the food ordered will be served to the table. My biggest concern was the issue at the reception. During check in, I was asked to pay a fee of roughly RM1200 charged to my credit card. The receptionist CLAIMED that it was for reassurance and the money would be REFUNDED. I have waited 2 months and I have yet to receive my refund. This question the whole aspect of integrity by YTL Hotels. Please contact me back regarding this issue so it can be close.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed there twice in a month. It was a business trip and my partner booked Vistana for its location to our clients place.

Upon arriving, we were welcomed with a place that looked new and refreshing. Check in was a breeze as prior booking has been made. We requested the room configuration changed to twin sharing and it was done while we have coffee at their Hub 24/7.

The room is nicely furnished and the view from our room is very nice, facing the golf course!

Love the rain shower with powerful pressures. Refreshing after a long day meetings and tiring journey on the highway.

Look forward to make this hotel our business official hotel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Tawau Division, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for three night for a convention. Initially was superb! With it's air conditioning, lifts, tidiness, cleanliness as well as the warm hospitality from the staffs were excellent!

However, upon check out, the counter told me that I've consumed a can of beer from the barista in the room which I didn't even know. And they demand me to pay for it or else I can't check out from the room

So, Vistana... There goes your two stars!

Stayed April 2015
WayneLeeGM, General Manager at Vistana Penang Bukit Jambul, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Greetings from all of us at Vistana Penang Bukit Jambul. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback. We value your feedback and strive to continuously improve ourselves. I do apologize for the unpleasant experience upon check out. I will address this with my team and take remedial action for a better future experience. Meanwhile, if there is anything that I can do for you as a gesture of goodwill, please do call on me. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,
Wayne Lee
wayne@ytlhotels.com.my
Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have previously shared the review below with the hotel management and hopefully some improvements are underway while maintaining the good ones.

This was my first time staying in Vistana. The hotel is situated in a housing neighbourhood, behind Bukit Jambul complex. It was quite confusing to get there but we managed. From the parking lot, we had to take the stairs - no elevator was provided which is quite a hassle if you have many luggage or travelling with senior people/handicapped. I suggest leaving your luggage with the bellboy when you arrive and get passengers off there too. There was little illumination in the parking lot with no security guard much to my dismay.

Check in was smooth although it was a school holiday and many people arrived at the time we arrived. I went with a party of 4 (including me) and we were given 4 breakfast coupons. We booked the apartment which costs around RM350 (service charge & tax inclusive). The hotel website did state that the apartment was for 3 pax but we decided to share beds or get an extra bed. They did not charge us for the 4th person.

The apartment is situated in a separate building from the hotel. So from the hotel lobby, you have to take the hotel elevator to the 2nd floor and then walk past the swimming pool to get to the apartment building. Again, we found this quite a hassle as there is no signage leading to the apartment from the 2nd floor lobby. You also have to be careful as water dripping off the swimmers tend to wet the floors and can be dangerous. Several patrons nearly slipped from the wet hotel floor. Wish the hotel would install new flooring from the swimming pool pathway.

The entrance of the apartment was poorly lit and quite narrow - people who are handicapped may find it quite challenging. The one thing we didn't like about the apartment elevator is when you come down from your apartment, you would think to press "Ground floor" button. It took us sometime to realize that the button didn't work on purpose and we had to press "2nd floor" button to switch to the hotel elevator. They should have just sealed the buttons that did not work and put a sign saying that we should press "2nd floor" button to avoid confusion.

The apartment was newly refurbished. When we stepped into the apartment, the first thing that we saw was the dining hall with a dining table for 6 pax. Next was the living hall with sofa and TV that had very poor reception. The sofa was not meant for sleeping/lying down as it was quite small.

There were 3 rooms - 2 bedrooms and 1 study/laundry room (which in my opinion should have been turned into a 3rd bedroom but I note that the apartment concept is probably for long business rentals). There were iron complete with ironing board and small fridge in the study room. Do note that the apartment was really meant for 3 pax; with 1 king bed and 1 super single bed. We didn't get the extra bed though. It was quite uncomfortable to be sharing a super single bed with another adult but since we were only there for 1 night we didn't really mind. We couldn't fit the king bed with 3 adults since we were travelling with a senior citizen hence wanted her to be comfortable. Bed was too soft, we could literally sink in. Pillow was the saving grace.

2 bathrooms were provided with 1 attached in the master bedroom. They have a standing shower concept which I wished could be improved as water splash everywhere when you take a shower. The toilet came with a fixed bidet which has leaking issues. They also provided very basic amenities like shower gel and shampoo.

Wifi was free but slow.

The apartment tend to be hot during the day so we had to leave the air conditioner on. It would take a while to cool the apartment as it was quite big compared to the capacity of the air conditioner. There was no room service in the apartment. I wished the apartment came with a microwave or small stove so that we can whip up something quick.

Breakfast was okay with medium size spread. But the way the buffet table was spread should be given a 2nd thought. I understand of the small space challenge that they face, however when there are a lot of guests, the buffet line can be too congested and narrow because the hotel put dining tables too close to the buffet table, and when some diners wanted to make a re-route, they couldn't.

Check out was also smooth. I also appreciate that the hotel email me quickly for comments.

Overall, there are hits and misses with the apartment side. My recommendation is the apartment is good for only a night's stay; unless soft bed does not bother you.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
WayneLeeGM, General Manager at Vistana Penang Bukit Jambul, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Greetings from all of us at Vistana Penang Bukit Jambul. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback. I do apologize for the less than expected experiences. We do appreciate your constructive feedback as it will help us in our continuous strive to improve our guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

Came back to Vistana Bukit Jambul Penang after the lapse of few years. During the last stay, the hotel was under renovation (of the apartment block). This time around I was pleased to experience the newly refurbished apartment, with modern touch at the rooms and the bathrooms. I got a good rate via internet booking (direct to the hotel's website) - probably I was plain lucky!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
WayneLeeGM, General Manager at Vistana Penang Bukit Jambul, responded to this review, March 29, 2015
Greetings from all of us at Vistana Penang Bukit Jambul. My team and I are glad to have you back with us after all the years, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. It is a pleasure to read that you are pleased with our new Suites and that you got good value through our website. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

My first at Vistana..was there due to work, n short holiday with my kids..the hotel was at the Bayan baru area, less congested compared to Georgetown..First impression, its a new Hotel, simple decor, modern, clean..pool was ok, quite deep for kids, but clean nevertheless..we book 2br suite..rooms big enough, beds comfortable, but room arrangement kinda bit funny..need to go there to understand what i m saying..suite entrance bit complicated, from front desk, need to go level 2, walk a distance, swipe card to enter different lift to suite rooms..
Parking was ok, breakfast was adequate spread, bit limited in variety, but good in taste..checkout fast..overall. its a good hotel worthy of a 4 star..will come again, will recommend to tripadvisor forumers..

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Greetings from all of us at Vistana Penang Bukit Jambul. Thank you for choosing to stay with us in our Suites and for taking the time to share your feedback. We value your feedback and strive to continuously improve ourselves. We appreciate your kind recommendation of our hotel to others and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Been to Vistana Penang Bukit Jambul? Share your experiences!