I spend one week at the Lemuria Resort last year and it was a true paradise. I saw a lot of 5 and even 6 star resorts in my life and this resort made it definitively in the top10.
I booked a junior suite (~650 EUR/night HB)t. A huge bedroom w. marble floors and furniture made of exotic woods combined with state of the art electronics (huge Samsung LCD TV, high end entertainment system, free Wlan, even a wireless keyboard and mouse). The bathroom was also mostly made of marble with a really big bathtub, a connecting window to the bedroom and a separated toilet and rain shower. The products had no brand but seemed to be high quality. They even offered a pillow for the bathtub...
I tried all three restaurants and the food was always delicious. The beach bar & grill is la carte and without surcharge for half-board guests. The view is stunning over the main beach and the ocean. The Legend restaurant is the main restaurant with a huge wooden outside terrace and indoor space for the rainy evenings. The concept is live cooking buffet on a very high standard. Because i was most of the time pretty early, they even asked me if they could cook something special for me and remembered that on my next visit. The seahorse is also al la carte and overlooks the golf course. Because this restaurant is at the golf club and a 15 Min walk away from my suite I only visited it once, but the food was worth it and the service great.
The breakfast has the class that you expect from a 6 star resort: Fresh eggs prepared on your wish, fresh squeezed juices, coffee made as you wish, European (yoghurt, variations of breads, buns and cold cuts...) and American (fresh made waffles and pancakes, ham, sausages...) breakfast. They even offer sparkling wine and St. Pellegrino without charge.
The Service during my stay was on a very high level without many flaws and reflects the 6 star standard of the resort. That starts with the cordon of hotel employees who greets you on your arrival ( I had never such a welcome before - really impressive) and continues with small things like hotel employees remembering your name on sight. Always asking you about your stay and if they can do anything for you and ends with special treatments like the visit of the presidential villa or a kitchen tour.
One of the best things about this resort is its setting: The Lemuria has 3 private (and in this case they are really private - not like the Anse Intendance of the Banyan Tree) beaches. The beach in front of the suites and villas is beautiful but without the possibility of swimming (sharp corals). The beach in front of the main complex is smaller but even more beautiful and ideal for swimming and snorkeling.
The 3rd beach, Anse Georgette is a class of its own and one of the most beautiful beaches of our planet. (Google it if you don't believe me ;-) If you have nice weather and a calm sea it is out of a dream. This beach alone justifies a stay at the Lemuria !
Sport & Spa
I played golf in the morning and evenings (rest of the day was too hot...) and the course is something very special. It was voted several times as the best golf course in the Indian Ocean and that is true. The course is build around some small hills with pretty tough differences in elevation so you need a golf cart. For hotel guests the use of the golf course is free of charge as is the rest of the sports activities: tennis, sailing, snorkeling, surfing, a small but well equipped fitness centre, mountain bikes and guided tours to Anse Lazio, another dream beach...
The Shiseido spa offers a wide selection of treatments (which I didn't use) at the same price range of other 6 star resorts... You can use the steam bath, sauna, Jacuzzi and relax area free of charge.
In the end it always comes down to the money. I spent around 5K € for one week and for that amount you can stay at 99% of all luxury hideaways. For me the Lemuria had something special. It is small and private with one of the most beautiful (private) beaches of our planet (my main argument), a very high service standard with local employees, very nice rooms and villas with state of the art equipment and there are no hidden additional costs like in the Maldives or Dubai - you can eat in all restaurants with half board and golf as 90% of the other activities are free of charge.
So is it worth the money? Yes every cent as long as you love the nature of the Seychelles. Would I recommend this resort? Yes without a doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the ultimate lifestyle hotel at the 5-star Constance Lemuria in the Seychelles. Enjoy the elegant luxury of the spacious suites and villas with views over the Indian Ocean. Unwind in swimming pools seemingly crafted by nature and let us indulge your passion for fine food, ultimate comfort and joyful excitement. Fully trained coordinators at the Constance Kids' Club will lead your children to trips of island exploration, culinary activities, scavenger hunts to name a few. Treat your senses at Spa de Constance or reconnect with your playful side on our 18-hole golf course, diving our stunning granite reef or enjoying the watersports and other activities on offer. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Escapio, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Constance Lemuria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Lemuria Resort Of Praslin, Seychelles Hotel Anse Kerlan
- Lemuria Hotel Anse Kerlan
- Lemuria Hotel Of Praslin
- Constance Lemuria Seychelles/Praslin Island