We have visited this wonderful place with my GF 7-14 January 2012 and we are very happy that we chose this place. Anna-Rose, Thierry and Iris always helped us whenever we needed.
Anna-Rose always advised us where to go and how to organize the trip in the most efficient way. Every evening she took care of us by bringing anti-mosquito thing, so that we could relax on our small terrace.
As for the beach, it is just 10 meters away and fully belonged to us!! Of course, Anse Lazio and Anse Jorgette beaches have its own advantages and are very beautiful, but we also truly liked the local beach which has the same clean water (you can see small fishes and sea hedgehogs) and awesome sand. In the evenings we could see sunset and the sound of waves was also with us every minute. That was wonderful.
Neither me, nor my GF have driving license and it is impossible to be on Praslin without a car: that is why we were very pleased that Thierry agreed to drive us whenever we needed (to the local shops to buy some food, to the other beaches etc.)
As for our villa, it was indeed very good. I really liked the fact that living room is separate from the bedroom, so that we could close the door and switch on air conditioner while we were absent. In addition to air conditioner there is also a fan in the bedroom which is very useful as you cannot sleep with working air conditioner at night (you can easily get cold). The kitchen has everything you need for cooking. It is modernly furnished. If you need an iron, you can always ask Anna-Rose.
We did not need to have constant access to internet, but Anna-Rose offered to use their WiFi whenever we needed. We really appreciated this.
Cap Jean Marie is located close to Lemuria Resorts Hotel and 30-35 minutes drive to Anse Lazio. You need to take into account that there is no accommodation with an easy walking access to this beach as it is surrounded by mountains. So, driving, in my opinion, is the only optimal solution. If you go to Praslin solely to visit this beach – there is probably closer accommodation with less time to drive, but then you have to rent a car. Cap Jean Marie is an ideal place to stay if you do not have driving license.
Things to improve:
- There were ants in the kitchen when we left a minor piece of litter. You should be very careful with any rubbish and you have and to close rubbish bean tightly. We understand that it may be impossible to completely avoid ants when you have villa standing on the ground, but at least it is worth trying some anti-ant thing. There were no ants when we did not cook.
- Although we had milk and cookies upon arrival, it would be good to have a starter pack (including bread, eggs, butter) as we were very hungry after night flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION: Cap Jean Marie Villas situated at the north-west of the island of Praslin’ on the beach front of ANSE KERLAN PRASLIN, is the perfect place to watch the setting of the sun the whole year round and as you step out of your Villas the pure white sandy beach, where turtles still lay their eggs in tranquility from September to February, caresses your feet. Cap Jean Marie villas, is a much loved family owned Villas, Just 3 individual and very spacious Villas, which are close on the beach, found amongst of coconut palm trees. Stepping out your Villas the pure white sandy beach which shoots across the pure white sandy beach over to the island of cousin-, cousine-Mahe-North Island and silhouette. Villas have been decorated in the natural Creole style; each Villas is well equipped the Villas are discretely positioned so that the wide verandah is not overlooked by your neighbor. Cap Jean Marie Villas are certainly one of the best secrets of Praslin’ Island offering complete privacy to its guests and an atmosphere of total tranquility. Cap Jean Marie Villas are ideal for wedding and honeymooners and the perfect place for couples to escape the stresses of everyday life. Cap Jean Marie Villas, realize that couples, and honeymooners alike want to spend some quality time together, relaxing with the one you love, while the waves splash on the powder sand beach, watching the sunset. If you dreamed of a wedding on the beach lets us make your dream come true the sand, between your toes and the ocean and the sunset behind you. Our devoted family will do their utmost to ensure that your stay among us will be pleasant and enjoyable one. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cap Jean Marie Villas Hotel Anse Kerlan
- Cap Jean Marie Villas Seychelles/Praslin Island