We decided to try two different hotels in Panama in order to get a feel for the types of accommodations. I thought staying in the rainforest would be a pretty unique opportunity. Indeed it was. Waking up to a glorious rainforest and one of the largest rivers in the world was an awesome experience. The staff was helpful and advised to avoid the balcony after 7pm due to the mosquitoes. And they were correct! 7pm on the dot, the biting pests came out in vengeance. I'm not sure if many people know that you can use the hot tube for free. It was really relaxing after a long day full of activities. Other than the location, a great selling point of the hotel is the free tours that it provides it's guest. We took full advantage of the night tour, and kayak ride. We also took the bikes out for a ride around the property and learned very quickly that we are totally out of shape city people. One of the best treats of the trip was the ceviche. It was the best ceviche that I've ever had. The pool was nice and relaxing as was the hammock on our balcony. The only disadvantage of the hotel was the meal times. If you missed one you are basically SOL and have to pay for room service. Additionally, there are no options to eat off site because the resort is located in the middle of the rainforest. When we did make it in time for meals, the food was respectable. This is a great hotel if you want to experience nature, a tranquil setting and something different. Pack snacks and make sure you get to the restaurant on time and you will enjoy the experience.
To read more about Panama and the Gamboa Rainforest resort, log on to www.urbantravelite.com
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent five-star destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort