Just returned from our trip last night. We spent 2 nights in this resort. Room was clean, musty smelling but once the ac was turned on it started to clear. First impressions were great. Until we had our first meal. The service was lousy, food was even worse. Each meal cost min of $50 for 3 of us. Simple sandwiches etc. BIG mistake was made one day to eat at the buffet on the river. Bill was $102!
We had booked a 3 hour private fishing tour on Gaton Lake which was teriific. The kids caught peacock bass and the guide actually brought us back after 4 hours! We also took the free night tour and saw some wildlife. The guides know exactly where the animals will be...There were 3 full boats of tourists going on the monkey tour at the same time. at $35 A POP...quite profitable. The monkey family on the island has been fed for years at the same place..same times. It is more like a trained show in terms of the reality of what you see. Kids love it tho! I'm just more interested in seeing natural wildlfe that isn't reacting to human involvement.
We happened to be there when there was a large group from Radio Shack there. They had a huge party outside on our final night. So..here we are in a "rainforest" listening to a loud wedding band playing 80's music all night. Seemed to blow the natural feeling that we were looking for!
just remember...they have you trapped in terms of food...so bring water, drinks, and some snacks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent five-star destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Despegar.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort