Only 45 minutes from the city, but my husband and I felt like we were transported to a tropical paradise. Food was great, as well as the service . Spa was an unexpected luxury, and we saw the most gorgeous of birds. We went during the week, to avoid crowds and were delighted even with the rain. The alternating rain and sun put a beautiful cloud display up that we never see in Panama City. We even had a hammock on the balcony. English spoken just about everywhere. Only flaw was the bathroom doors were locked in the pool area, but that must be different on the weekends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the heart of the Panamanian rainforest lies the completely unique Gamboa Rainforest Resort. This magnificent five-star destination rests where the scenic Chagres River meets the Panama Canal and is the only resort property in the area. Few places on earth offer such an amazing natural experience while providing an unsurpassed level of luxury. Escape the noise and hectic pace of everyday life and surround yourself with the tranquility of the mystical Soberania National Forest. Here, just a short 30-minute ride from Panama City, on 340 acres overlooking the stunning Panama Canal, you can commune with nature in a pristine environment where explorers and pirates once tread. Our Panama Tours offer an exhilarating variety of jungle adventures such as an aerial tram, guided boat tours, fishing expeditions, and much more. Our tours are designed to show you wildlife in its natural setting amidst the colorful splendor of the jungle flora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort