The hotel is built in a beautiful location and is well maintained. Staff is well trained and provides very good service, including restaurants, room, excursions and reception. Green areas are the best of it. The things I didn't like:
1. Clients have to pay to access the wifi service in the rooms (free at the reception area) and the price is way too high. This is a retrograde policy. IF you want to skype relatives without cost you need to do it at the reception, which is way too noisy (and sometimes smell to cigarette - see below).
2. Tiles along the halls to the rooms are very slippery when wet. Considering the rainfall in the area, I would have considered already changing it, or providing with a sort of stick material.
3. Noise. The reception area, restaurants and social areas are way too noisy. Bad acoustics.
4. Cigarettes. Smokers are asked to do it outside the reception area, contiguous to the hotel entrance. Given the air flow, if you are sitting in the free wifi area, you are forced to smoke since it comes inside with the wind. Also, makes you smoke right at the entrance to the hotel.
5. Mattress at the room wasn't even. I found it uncomfortable in the center, Seems like is time to change it.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 30 minutes from Panama City, Gamboa Rainforest Resort is a unique property nearby the Soberania National Park Rainforest, on the banks of the Chagres River and Panama Canal. Enjoy the exotic retreat far from the noise and bustle of the city.Colorful sights, natural wildlife and our luxurious accommodations make the Gamboa Rainforest Resort a one-of-a-kind experience for Panama vacations. Escape to this jungle paradise as a couple, with your entire family, or plan any kind of meeting; from a get-together to a Convention to encounter nature without leaving the comforts of a full-service exotic resort. We invite you to discover the Gamboa Rainforest Resort near Panama City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.