We really enjoyed our stay at the Gamboa rainforest resort. There was so much to see & do here it's hard finding the time to do it all. For nature lovers this place is wonderful. Everywhere you look there are beautiful views. If you like bird watching you will see plenty.
The resort offers many different tours you can take right here. We went out for a 6 hour fishing trip. We got to cruise up the Panama Canal, catch peacock bass in lake Gatun, & on the return stop at money island. Great day. At night you can try to spot some animals on their night safari. They go nightly.
Another day we went cruised the Chagres river spotting Capuchin monkeys, lizards, & even a Tamarin. There are 3 Embera villages close by you can visit by canoe. The hotels does daily tours, the Embera do live there, it's not a Demo village but a real one. I would recommend this tour instead of paying higher rates from other tours. It's all the same.
The resort also has a tram taking you up over the canopy to an observation tower giving you a 360 view of Gamboa & the surrounding rainforest. The resort has a few different guided hikes or you can go on the trails yourself. What ever you want to do here the tour desk at the resort will help you with.
Then when you are done your activities or just need to relax there is a very large pool here. It was perfect after a hot hike in the rainforest.
Our room was nice, nothing fancy but had everything you need & very large. All rooms have balconies with views of the gardens & Chagres river. We had an inclusive plan giving us breakfast, lunch, dinner, & drinks. This was a good way to go. There is only 1 main restaurant open for breakfast, lunch, & dinner. All the meals were good.
The Chagres restaurant is only open for dinner & not part of the inclusive plan. Los lagartos is located at the marina right on the river & open only for lunch. It is a great place to enjoy a lunch & watch the ships pass along the Panama Canal.
The resort also has a spa. I couldn't think of a better ending to my stay here then with a relaxing massage.
If you are looking to be in the rainforest with plenty to do this is the place to be.
- Also Known As:
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel Gamboa
- Gamboa Rain Forest Resort
- Gamboa Rainforest Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 30 minutes from Panama City, Gamboa Rainforest Resort is a unique property nearby the Soberania National Park Rainforest, on the banks of the Chagres River and Panama Canal. Enjoy the exotic retreat far from the noise and bustle of the city.Colorful sights, natural wildlife and our luxurious accommodations make the Gamboa Rainforest Resort a one-of-a-kind experience for Panama vacations. Escape to this jungle paradise as a couple, with your entire family, or plan any kind of meeting; from a get-together to a Convention to encounter nature without leaving the comforts of a full-service exotic resort. We invite you to discover the Gamboa Rainforest Resort near Panama City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Gamboa Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.