“Perfect location for a wedding and a round of Golf” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel

You added Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel to your Saves list
Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel, Hollingbourne ME17 1RE, England (Formerly Mercure Maidstone Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hollingbourne
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Perfect location for a wedding and a round of Golf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed overnight whist attending very good freind of my wifes wedding.
Excelent room breakfast was a sumptious affair eat as much as you like and the quality was good too. Bathroom was a little small and sitting on the toilet was a squeeze between bath and radiator/towelrail, disapointed there wernt any biscuits to complement the usual free tea and cofffee.
Maidstone town centre a short taxi ride away. Maidstone night life is really buzzing just latley and with regular police patrols and security staff on most of the pubs and clubs doors there is very little trouble. perfect for a city break.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Golf course it is farthest away from road and reception but away from...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dominic D, General Manager at Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Richard R
Thank you very much for your positive review
Maidstone is the County town of Kent and it keeps getting better!
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Dominic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Bromley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is my second stay at the Great Danes Hotel in 6 months and have found both visits very pleasant and would recommend this hotel as very good value if you are wanting to stay in the Maidstone area. On my first visit we had been to Canterbury for the day and came to the hotel quite tired but enjoyed the hotel pool/spa facilities and the quietness of the hotel. We had a walk around the very pleasant grounds in the morning and the peacocks added a novelty factor. My second stay recently was quite brief so couldn't enjoy the spa facilities but found the room very clean and of a high standard with everything one would need for a good night's sleep. Pleasant view in the morning over the fields beyond and although didn't see the peacocks heard them calling! The hotel is very well placed for the M20 so access to the many sights of interest in Kent readily to hand and of course easy to get to France from here. Will be going back hopefully at some point in the not too distant future and have already recommended the Great Danes to my friends!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dominic D, General Manager at Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Janhay
Thank you very much for your positive review.
I am delighted you enjoyed your 2nd visit and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Franklin, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Not quite as nice as you would think from the pictures but the hotel was clean and the front desk staff very friendly. Access to the Health Club is nice with the pool but the cardio and exercise equipment could have been of better quality. The hotel restaurant was nice, clean, with live music and the food acceptable but not great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dominic D, General Manager at Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear PSC1971
Thank you for your review and I appreciate all your comments which have been noted.
I am pleased you enjoyed the restaurant experience where live music is featured most weekends.
We hope to welcome you back again at some point in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had an unrivalled experience at Maidstone Great Danes. The staff were wonderful and the hotel was spotless. If you needed anything the staff were very helpful. Beautiful atmosphere and we were lucky enough to have some sunshine so enjoyed the beautiful green view. We even had a few peacocks visit our table and they must have come from the grounds of the nearby Leeds Castle. I highly recommend staying here especially with children. My son enjoyed the swimming and all the open space.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dominic D, General Manager at Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear RKahlon
Thank you very much for your positive review.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again soon.
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for one night on the bank holiday sunday. We had booked via booking.com and had a really good deal.
Arrived about 14.30pm and were able to check into the room. This was small but clean, but we were only there one night and that did not matter. The bed was comfortable and the curtains were very dark which stopped the light coming in.
I believe some of the hotel has been refurbed and in places, more is required- e.g. swimming pool, sauna etc- however we used these facilities twice, and were nice enough.
We also ate in the restaurant, our waitress Vicky was very friendly and helpful, and the food was nice too (good price as the taste card was also accepted).
We only live down the road, but we chose to stay here just for a chilled bank holiday weekend, we definitely relaxed and felt like we were miles away from home. The grounds are lovely and it was lovely to be able to sit outside and watch the peacocks. Would definitely recommend, especially when getting such a good deal.
Only small gripe was we ordered a paper for the morning and this was not delivered.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dominic D, General Manager at Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Amanda S
Thank you very much for your review.
I was pleased you found time to relax and enjoy some of the many leisure facilities on offer here.
Thank you for your comments about the team, I will be sure to pass your compliment on to Vicky.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Europe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Looking for a otel close to the Tunnel and could not believe my eyes when I saw £55 for a night advertised and snapped up a twin room. I did not fancy, correctly, my chances of arriving at Eurotunnel at any specific time from a medical appointment in the North on a pre-bank holiday Friday.

We were checked in and was told we had been given a easy access room and the first problem was the disabled lift down to get to the lift was not working meaning a walk out and around which was probably easier anyway. Surely a ramp which cannot breakdown is a cheap and efficient alternative to a mechanised lift for four steps?

We found that we had been allocated a 3rd floor room which is somewhat strange had there been an emergency and, also, it was a double not a twin.

The room was comfortable and my wife thought, and she is an expert, the pillows were the best she has had in a hotel. The view was wonderful but the road noise was not blocked out by the double glazing and was made worse when we had to open a window as there was no air con.

I went down to get myself a drink and decided that, due to the long journey and the overloud music in the bar/restaurant, it would be better for my wife if we stayed in the room and had room service which was more than adequate and the soup homemade.

Wifi was free but slow and £4 for an hour or double for 24 hours. The free allowed me to check four emails and reply briefly to two and, when I then disconnected, I could not reconnect later as I had used my allotted time!!

Express check out option was refused but the bill arrived including two breakfasts at 27.50 anyway! The receptionist was very kind and indicated that this was always happening and some people did not even notice!!!!

Make sure you get a room not facing the road and beware, the room price may be cheap but nothing else is and check your bill!!

Room Tip: Room away from road and watch the bill for "errors"
Dear Ustaritz
Thank you for your review. We appreciate any feedback which will allow us to monitor and improve our service and standards and I have carefully noted your comments.
We do have bargains from time to time and I am pleased you booked with us on your journey to Eurotunnel. I was very concerned about the breakfast charges which should not have been added to your account. We will pick-up the areas of additional training identified for the team and I thank you for pointing this out.
Yours sincerely
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Location very good.. Service from eating area and bar was great.Very good value for money. Room could have been a bit cleaner (did miss having no biscuits and bottled water in room, which i thought was a nice touch. The pitch and putt must get missed out alot, by lack of signs, There is a outdoor chess game, which unless you use the pool would not know it was there, Apart from that really enjoyed our break :) :)

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dominic D, General Manager at Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Deborah741
Thank you very much for your review, I have carefully noted your comments.
The Privilege or Superior rooms have all the extras and are well worth the upgrade next time. There is something for everyone here with extensive leisure as well as table tennis, a well stocked fishing lake, trim track and more - too much for one visit!
I look forward to welcoming you back.
Dominic

Been to Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel? Share your experiences!