“Excellent food, but the service not so impressive on this occasion” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jellyfish on The River - CLOSED

Jellyfish on The River
Shop 1/ 235 Gympie Terrace, Noosaville, Noosa, Queensland 4566, Australia (Formerly Jellyfish on The River)
5449 0516
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Coolum Beach, Australia
“Excellent food, but the service not so impressive on this occasion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Meals were lovely with some very interesting combinations on the menu. The Hervey Bay scallops entree was delicious, and the lamb and squid ink fettuccine mains were impressive. Our service on this occasion wasn't what we had expected because despite the restaurant only having 5 tables occupied, our service was slow. On being seated we indicated that all 4 of us would be sharing the bottle of sparkling wine we had brought along. Only 3 champagne glasses were delivered to the table and we had to wait for another table to place their meal orders before our 4th champagne glass was brought to us. Once we were able to order, our meals arrived promptly but we had to wait too long to place our order.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Noosaville, Australia
“Best Lamb I Have Ever Had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Outstanding service and a great atmosphere go without saying at Jellyfish on The River, but my most recent meal was truly amazing. The Lamb was perfectly cooked, sufficiently sized, and impeccably presented. Without doubt some of the best Lamb I have ever been served. Highly recommended.

Byron Bay, Australia
“Christmas lunch was the best!!!! Yum my 80 year old grandmother had best food in her life!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

It was amazing, the food was great and quick out. The staff offered a variety of alcoholic beverages which suited us perfectly. The meals were spectacular. Our children ate food that made me want to gobble it up as well. The staff were friendly and attentive and found ways to solve any issues that arose with admirable solutions. I really recommend you eat here as the food is the best I have eaten in my life and it is worth the 4 hour trip up there just for the food.

Coolangatta, Australia
“Great food, one of the best meals I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This restaurant is wonderfully designed and the meals,dining experience are impeccable. Love it all. Well done to the owner and to the chef of Jellyfish on the river. I couldn't pick a fault with my experience.

Noosa, Queensland, Australia
“Disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Normally I don't review restaurants unless they're very good or very bad, and I much prefer to write about the former but unfortunately Jellyfish Noosaville falls in the latter category, mainly due to the food which was, to put it plainly, terrible. Our two mains (for lunch) were a steak sandwich and fish of the day (barramundi). The barra came surrounded by runny mashed potato and a few underdone beans (not al dente). Like, $35 and that's it??? Where's the romance? Boring. Cone Bay barra is a sumptuous delicious fish, I cook it at home every week and always present it better than that. And here's how to stuff up a steak sandwich - cheap meat with the gristle left on, minimal salad and tasteless beetroot. Your average pub does better.

So that was a disappointment - as a local, I know all the restaurants on Gympie Terrace and most are excellent, so I had hopes for Jellyfish. My advice - go to Gustos, just down the road.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere