“Only visit for the beautiful river view” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Bali, Indonesia
“Only visit for the beautiful river view”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Don't go unless you have the whole day to waste.. Don't expect good service or any service. One particular waitress (on more than one occasion) has a surly bad attitude. Enough so that this beautiful Sunday morning was tainted by her glare as after waiting 15mins to be acknowledged I got up to order and told I'll be with you shortly.. Another 5mins and still no menus we got up and crossed to 'vanilla' where we were acknowledged upon entering and served within 5mins and they were busier and only one waitress working the floor!! If the owners are smart they will employ friendly staff who are happy to work and ENJOY their job! Plenty of other cages and restaurants with a beautiful view to choose from....

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wellington, New Zealand
“The special was special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We just wandered in on the off chance, and decided on the special (surf and turf). Steak was just perfect and service was good. Good price as well -- well worth a stop and glad we stumbled onto it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“When you just want something simple”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The are some quite amazing places to eat around Noosa but sometimes you just want something unpretentious with good food and service. This is it.
We have been here a few times now; sometimes for dinner, sometimes for a late afternoon drink looking across the river as the sun sets.
Either way its just as pleasant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wellington
“Just ok [at least on the night we went]”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We tried this place on a quiet night, the food is very ordinary [I had a disappointing Greek Chicken burger with fries @ A$$15 - the chicken was dry and just cooked] but then again you get what you pay for !, it has an excellent water front outlook and is pleasant inside. The staff were not exactly attentive e.g. asking how our meals were or if we wanted anything else esp. since it wasn't busy [3 tables eating]. I suspect on a different night we'd have a different experience [at least one would hope] I'd need to be convinced to return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Very nice meal, desserts were great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had dinner with some friends here, I don't think any of us were disappointed. I had the baby back ribs which were very flavoursome and melt in your mouth, and my wife had steak with garlic prawns which was really nice as well. Best of all was the dessert. I get tired these days of restaurants pulling out a dessert menu where everything is over $15 (in most cases I end up going without), so to see everything around $8 was a result. I had the sticky date pudding which was AMAZING, and my wife had Cheescake which was equally as nice. I would recommend this place for sure.

Visited March 2013